Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: red deer foetus @ 2 months (approx)

red deer foetus @ 2 months (approx)

Deleted by ME not admin. Sorry to offend.
    Last edited by flyingfisherman; 15-12-2010 at 17:57.

Brilliant mate, thanks a lot for that, hope you don't mind me saving it in one of my files?

nope, hope it doesnt offend anyone. Its something which i still think is a shame but is pretty unavoidable.

fascinating. really clear, looks kind of like one of those amber fossils which forms when something gets stuck in pine resin.

thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfisherman View Post
    nope, hope it doesnt offend anyone. Its something which i still think is a shame but is pretty unavoidable.
    Nothing offensive about that, just part of the stalking experience. It is the reason that I tend not to shoot females right up to closing day though and try and reach targets well before...

Just my personal choice but I'm under no pressure...

Hmmmmm

It may not be offence to the shooter but to someone who is not quite as like minded, its a very powerfull photo.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Agree with Gliballs.I have had guests out at the hinds wanting to take pics of the foetus `and they have been a bit miffed when i don`t allow it. You never know where the pics will end up!

Hummel

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post
    Hmmmmm

It may not be offence to the shooter but to someone who is not quite as like minded, its a very powerfull photo.

hi,

well done from me
    and yes i am one.

f,
    Last edited by centralbeltstalker; 15-12-2010 at 18:06. Reason: comment not needed any more

Perhaps offensive is not the right word to use. It is a dead, unborn and underdeveloped deer that anyone on here who has shot does or hinds towards the latter weeks of their season will have seen. I would be more concerned if there was a disrespectful approach or words attached to producing or publishing this photo which is no worse than looking in a medical or zoological reference book.

Frank, to use the phrase 'I took from it's shot mummy' has tinges of the Disney syndrome about it.

It is topical and relevant to our stalking and some newcomers may appreciate seeing what they are going to have to deal with.

Dan is correct, it is a powerful photo. As I said earlier I try and avoid shooting mature pregnant females late in their season to avoid this but on occasion it has to be done. Believe it or not I will try and bury the foetus when I come across them as I don't like the thought of vermin obtaining a meal from it...