Thread: Federal primers

Federal primers

Hi Guys, I'm almost out of my usual federal gold medal match primers and have hunted high and low for some more but all my searching has been fruitless, I have decided to change to a more readily available brand, could some of you more experienced reloaders reccommend a suitable replacement which is more readily available here in the uk

cheers mike

Account Suspended
    I have a box of 100 federal large rifle magnum primers that you can have for free if you want them.

I wont be using them.

PM me if you want them.

I have switched to CCI 200's and CCI 250's for some loads. They might not be the best but they are usually available hence the switch. I picked up another 1,000 count box the other as I thought I was gettign low it's the Small Rifles I am low on and had 600 CCI 200's still. Oh well.

I started out using federal 215's a couple of decades ago then switched to Winchesters as they were easier to get tehm 5 years ago to Remington 9 1/2's until last year when the only ones I could get were the CCI's I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    I have switched to CCI 200's and CCI 250's for some loads. They might not be the best but they are usually available hence the switch. I picked up another 1,000 count box the other as I thought I was gettign low it's the Small Rifles I am low on and had 600 CCI 200's still. Oh well.

I started out using federal 215's a couple of decades ago then switched to Winchesters as they were easier to get tehm 5 years ago to Remington 9 1/2's until last year when the only ones I could get were the CCI's I feel your pain.
    CCI 200'S are all i use , i get my mate to get me 1000 when ever he goes down to bisley , suits my 270 and 6.5x55 quite nicely !

cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

cheers guys, I like the federal primers, although my experience is limited to say the least, everyone I had spoken to about them really rated the feds but too late now, I just ordered 1000 CCI's from philip webster

cheers guys mike

Well I got the CCI 200's from Burgh Gunshop at the Lincolnshire Shootign centre Burgh Le Marsh. Forest Lodge at Wragby should also have some. He said he had 9,000 coming is and thought that a lot that's only 9 customers as I look at it.

I will have to remember to get some CCI 400's for the .222 Rem .

Primers can be funny things like this. Usign the CCI 200's in my 25-06 with Reloader 19 I get delayed ignition yet using the same batch of primers and the same tub of powder in the 270 Winchester is fine switch to CCI 250's in the 25-06 with a slight load adjustment and it's fine .

Quote Originally Posted by mike243 View Post
    cheers guys, I like the federal primers, although my experience is limited to say the least, everyone I had spoken to about them really rated the feds but too late now, I just ordered 1000 CCI's from philip webster

cheers guys mike
    unless he is getting them from a different supplier , i would be prepared to wait !

ive had a 1000 CCI'S on order for 6 months and still waiting .

cheers lee

Discretion assured

Lee as I said Doug at Burgh has them on the shelf as does Forest Lodge but phone Forest lodge first to check.

cheers mate will do !

Discretion assured

Federal on the shelf at Roding Armoury! Picked up a 1000 yesterday.