Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowsuit

Snowsuit

Not one for Ghillie suits or similar ridiculous gear, not really even camo, I like traditional Harkila type stalking clothes, type 'stuff'..

However! found Urban Camo (white/grey), picked up ex-mod, makes EXCELLENT snow-suits for stalking! just get a size or two larger than normal, and slip over your normal gore-tex stuff. Full set approx. 40 maybe match with a white woolley hat?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
    Where ????
    just google it, there'll be tons of results from online surplus stores. You can also get the ex-mod snowsuits which are just think pull-over jackets and trousers. There's SAS, Russian, German, Swedish, etc. and these are only around 25 for a set..in fact, just ordered one from ebay - 25. - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRITISH-ARMY-S...98047275908620

Just be careful you dont fall over, because ,with the material in these you will keep going like a tobogan going down hill
    I know cos I got one.

The problem with an all white snow suit is you actually stand out like a sore thumb unless you are wandering about in snow with total coverage.

I have an over suit that has brown blobs on it to break up the block colour, it makes ALOT of difference.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Dan,............... Brown blobs?....... you should use more heather!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

but its scratchy!
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post
    The problem with an all white snow suit is you actually stand out like a sore thumb unless you are wandering about in snow with total coverage.

I have an over suit that has brown blobs on it to break up the block colour, it makes ALOT of difference.
    Nothing a little spray paint won't fix

White trousers are what you need unless the trees are also covered in snow...