Thread: AW DSC2 nearish Surrey SE required pls.

AW DSC2 nearish Surrey SE required pls.

Ive had my DSC2 paper work for over a year but need to get round to doing it.

Problem, im not mega rich and cant afford to keep outlaying for AW without a result "i know everyones like that" even on my ground there isnt frequent enough oppertunity for me to pay a witness to come there, but i dont fancy paying days and days stalking plus travelling hundreds of miles for nothing.

dont get me wrong i dont mind travelling and paying around south east, i wondered if anyone can help get the three culls done?

Help requested please.

gavin
    Last edited by gg33; 16-12-2010 at 18:45.

Hi Gavin,
    Have a look at the list of AWs' that came with your Portfolio and go through the 'phone codes to see who is in your area then get in touch. Like that you won't have to pay much for travelling expences.
    Most, if not all AWs' I know only charge travelling expences so you should do OK.

Thanks Eddie, ive spoken to a few but up here in surrey the majority of stalking is solely Roe and heavy woodland therefore makes life a bit more difficult, i was hoping maybe go to somewhere with fallow in the semi field woodland scenery but understand this will cost.

Im going to have a bit more look at that list again tommorow and slightly further afield but still closer AW's

Hope that pigeon magnet is going strong.

Gavin

It is a bit of a catch twenty two situation.
    The pigeons only come when it is very cold and cold weather is not good for the battery so I have now got three batteries on the go !!!

What colour portfolio do you have? if its blue you need 1 AW and 2 CW to get signed off. I am not an AW, nor do I really want to be, but as a CW I can help you as I have Roe and Fallow in west sussex. Pm if you want.

ATB

Sikamalc

Quote Originally Posted by gg33 View Post
    Thanks Eddie, ive spoken to a few but up here in surrey the majority of stalking is solely Roe and heavy woodland therefore makes life a bit more difficult, i was hoping maybe go to somewhere with fallow in the semi field woodland scenery but understand this will cost.

Im going to have a bit more look at that list again tommorow and slightly further afield but still closer AW's

Hope that pigeon magnet is going strong.

Gavin
    No offence meant here Gavin

but you are going for your L2
    ground and deer species should not really be an issue and if you already stalk in your local area then the terrain should not make a difference anyway
    Roe are a lot easier to find and stalk than fallow are anyway, as roe are territorial and fallow are transient,
    so can't see your logic unless you need bigger targets in more open spaces so you feel you hav a chance of hitting something
    But a tip for you,
    by March most Roe and Fallow does should be heavy in fawn so will be less weary as they need to feed up more cos they be hungry and will show a darn site easier especially in heavy woodland as there won't be that much food so will need to spill out onto the more open areas and fields for feed
    or wait till aprill till the younger roe bucks are being pushed out so will be less weary while on the move, so again an easy time to pick up easy beasts perfect for L2
    by learning a bit more about the deer that are available to you in your area will not only pay dividends for life , but could also save you a fortune chasing deer in areas you don't know about
    Failing that I can recommend some contacts that are a little further afield with good numbers of fallow and are also AW's
    ATB

Thanks Sikamalc and Stone ive PM'd you both. Gavin