Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quality on SD classifieds

Quality on SD classifieds

Another 1st class purchase on SD's classifieds,...... Howa .223 sporter, shooting" 0.53 100 yard five shot group,......... with stuff out of the cupboard!!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    And you got it at a bargain price too!!!!!

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Good buyers deserve good service......

Glad to hear it's good for you Finn.

Sadly I heard from another member who brought a rifle off the site to find it won't group. On close inspection with a bore scope the rifling is damaged about 3" back for the muzzle so now he is trying to get something sorted. Last I heard it was not going well.

You lucky sod unfortunately I have only brought one Item of the site, and the guy was a complete arse. I had every excuse under the sun for not delivering. The final straw was a abusive PM.

It's sad when conman practise takes place at all, but from amidst the SITE ! That, in my view is breaking a confidence and abusing the site. Popping a bit of used and abused kit into a tackleshop for viewing and a possible punter who takes it at his/her risk is one thing, but I would make the assumption that keepers and stalkers buying and selling on the site were just upgrading or trying something new, so were passing on good gear at a decent price.
    I'm taking a hard second look now, and thinking again.
    Opinions often differ according to unknown circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by prudew01 View Post
    You lucky sod unfortunately I have only brought one Item of the site, and the guy was a complete arse. I had every excuse under the sun for not delivering. The final straw was a abusive PM.
    You care to share this information with me? We, admin that is, do all we can to keep troublemakers etc off the site and believe me we will have no scruples dealing with similar behaviour in the classifieds section. Being a nuisance is bad enough but when it starts to cost people money it is most definitely out of order, and people who are responsible for behaving like this will certainly not be tolerated on the site. If any of you have had the bad luck to be involved in such dealings would you please supply me with the information so that we can take the appropriate action.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Another 1st class purchase on SD's classifieds,...... Howa .223 sporter, shooting" 0.53 100 yard five shot group,......... with stuff out of the cupboard!!!

Let me step up and take a bow.....................yes I sold my Howa to Finnbear, it was 'as new' and shot great after a bit of tinkering with it.
    I would have no hesitation on dealing with him again...........the funds were in my account in a flash and the rifle delivered without any hastle.

There is no sense in ripping each other off.......as we all know the stalking community in the UK is small and very transient........word spreads quickly.

Glad it worked out well for both of you.
    I have bought a few bits and peices from members of this site, as well as sold a few.
    All have been top fella's to deal with, never a problem

Neil.

Nothing but good has come from all of the items I have bought and sold on this site,very sound members..........Martin