Quality on SD classifieds

finnbear270

Another 1st class purchase on SD's classifieds,...... Howa .223 sporter, shooting" 0.53 100 yard five shot group,......... with stuff out of the cupboard!!!:D

Glad to hear it's good for you Finn.

Sadly I heard from another member who brought a rifle off the site to find it won't group. On close inspection with a bore scope the rifling is damaged about 3" back for the muzzle so now he is trying to get something sorted. Last I heard it was not going well.

You lucky sod unfortunately I have only brought one Item of the site, and the guy was a complete arse. I had every excuse under the sun for not delivering. The final straw was a abusive PM.

It's sad when conman practise takes place at all, but from amidst the SITE ! That, in my view is breaking a confidence and abusing the site. Popping a bit of used and abused kit into a tackleshop for viewing and a possible punter who takes it at his/her risk is one thing, but I would make the assumption that keepers and stalkers buying and selling on the site were just upgrading or trying something new, so were passing on good gear at a decent price.
I'm taking a hard second look now, and thinking again.

You lucky sod unfortunately I have only brought one Item of the site, and the guy was a complete arse. I had every excuse under the sun for not delivering. The final straw was a abusive PM.

You care to share this information with me? We, admin that is, do all we can to keep troublemakers etc off the site and believe me we will have no scruples dealing with similar behaviour in the classifieds section. Being a nuisance is bad enough but when it starts to cost people money it is most definitely out of order, and people who are responsible for behaving like this will certainly not be tolerated on the site. If any of you have had the bad luck to be involved in such dealings would you please supply me with the information so that we can take the appropriate action.

John

Another 1st class purchase on SD's classifieds,...... Howa .223 sporter, shooting" 0.53 100 yard five shot group,......... with stuff out of the cupboard!!!:D

Let me step up and take a bow.....................yes I sold my Howa to Finnbear, it was 'as new' and shot great after a bit of tinkering with it.
I would have no hesitation on dealing with him again...........the funds were in my account in a flash and the rifle delivered without any hastle.

There is no sense in ripping each other off.......as we all know the stalking community in the UK is small and very transient........word spreads quickly.

Glad it worked out well for both of you.
I have bought a few bits and peices from members of this site, as well as sold a few.
All have been top fella's to deal with, never a problem :thumb:

Neil. :)

Nothing but good has come from all of the items I have bought and sold on this site,very sound members..........Martin

Sounds like prudew01's experience was the exception to the rule and the bad apple in the barrel. That relieves my mind and thank goodness for that. Distrust is the last thing anyone wants on the site I think.

On this site I have sold on some ammo, given away a die and brass, bought some bullets and had several kind invitations to shoot. I can only say my membership experience has been incredibly positive.

This is not mentioning the huge amounts of information I have gleaned from kindly, patient souls on this site.

ft

I only pop on here now and again but have dealt with several people both buying and selling and will be very happy to continue

Well I have brought a couple of bits from the classified and sent out a few bits to help some others out. I will be having asort out and offering a few things after Christmas.

Back