Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which gun/scope mounted lamp????

Which gun/scope mounted lamp????

I have been let down countless times by my lamp man sometimes at the last minute. Does this strike a familiar chord with anyone I wonder??

I have decided enough is enough and would like to get a scope/gun mounted lamp for lamping rabbits and foxes using rim fire and centre fire, respectively.

I already own a Clulite CB1, there are scope mounting kits available priced at 17 plus P&P. I would imagine if one of these was mounted to a gun it would be quite heavy and bulky with a cord getting in the way at the crucial moment.

I am considering a LED lamp, these are a lot lighter and a lot less bulky. I would need it to be able to shoot at ranges of up to 150 metres and spotting as far as possible. I have been told the drawback is the fairly tight beam.

I have looked at the Clulite Masterlite Supreme Gun-lite. Is it 120 but seems to suit the bill for me as it comes with 30mm and 25mm mounts, I would need this for my variety of scope/rifle combinations.

I welcome suggestions and would like to know if anyone has used a Clulite Masterlite Supreme.

Cheers guys

Hi, I have a Clulite La2 and use the mounting kit you mention. Yes it heavier than one of the new LED lamps but not so heavy that it causes me a problem and the cable aint an issue once you get used to it. Ive heard mixed reviews about the LED lamps. Not used a Masterlite im afraid.

I use a Deben Tracer LedRay GL4 on the scope, with one of the new Cluson Clu-Briter for scanning about.
    This combination has replaced my Cluson CB2 completely.

Neil.

shootalite or ND3 for a bit more cash

Lightforce 140 will do the job a treat for a rim fire if using CF upgrade toa 170 best rifle mounted lamps out.

Dave

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by devilishdave View Post
    Lightforce 140 will do the job a treat for a rim fire if using CF upgrade toa 170 best rifle mounted lamps out.

Dave
    Agreed, not heavy at all although the batter pack is a respectable 8 or 9lbs
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

hi
    look towards led lamps with 1 inch tubes then you can use a whole host of mounting kits, i have a tiablo a10g which gives at least 150yrds of shootable light.i am now going down the route of getting another led torch,this being the dereelight with a aspherical lens.this will be much brighter i hope as the lumens are rated at about 1000 then the lens will make this a very tight beam with not much side spill which should be fine for the rifle lamp, i use another led torch for spotting with a wider beam.the only wire you have is for the pressure pad switch and the batteries last ages.i use this when on my own al the time also when stalking i can carry all my gear plus these 2 lights in a small bag and can go straight into lamping charlie on my way back to the car
    atb
    matt

Quote Originally Posted by tartinjock View Post
    Agreed, not heavy at all although the batter pack is a respectable 8 or 9lbs
    i use a roof mounted 170 that you can just about lamp yourself with. best if you use in conjunction with a scope mount 140 or something similar. the light forces are bright but the wireing sucks. i have stripped mine down and soldered all the dry connections and had no failures since. i do some stalking/lamping round banbury close to you i would think theres no shortage of foxes so you best get your set up quick

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    I use a Deben Tracer LedRay GL4 on the scope, with one of the new Cluson Clu-Briter for scanning about.
    This combination has replaced my Cluson CB2 completely.

Neil.
    What sort of shooting range do you get with the Tracer Neil? And how about spotting range with the Clu-Briter? I can see the stated ranges on the websites but those are often at least a wee bit ambitious!

Interested to know how you use this set-up, especially if you are using it from the car.

Quote Originally Posted by liamnjs View Post
    What sort of shooting range do you get with the Tracer Neil? And how about spotting range with the Clu-Briter? I can see the stated ranges on the websites but those are often at least a wee bit ambitious!

Interested to know how you use this set-up, especially if you are using it from the car.
    The Tracer is good for at least a 100 yards of clear vision, but will shine eyes up to nearly 200 yards.
    The Clu-Brighter is good for 250 yards of good clear vision, again will pick eyes out at greater range.
    From the car, I shoot forward from the driver seat, rifle on a bag so it is stable and can easily shoot one handed if I need, the Cluson I can use left handed, but often from the car I just use the headlamp.
    To be honest they really come into their own when the ground is soft and I have to shoot on foot.

Neil.