Parker Hale

P3T3R

Hi my Dad and I recently joined a rifle club and he is looking to get a target rifle he has a parker hale .308 for deer stalking and loves it (never missed a deer with it!) while trying to find what model it is we came across the Model 85 also chambered in .308/7.62.

Unfortunatly after looking on the web for a couple of hours I couldn't find anything, any info would be good and if anyone has one for sale it would be great. Many thanks Pete.

This is all I have found - http://www.snipercentral.com/m85.htm

Good luck finding an m85: You'll need it. Now that's not to put you off it's just that they are somewhat akin to Chickens Dentures.. If you do find one you'll be paying four figures and more probably multiples thereof.

However, if you're after a good target rifle and like Parker Hale flavour then there are lots of used TX12OO target rifles around that shoot exceptionally well. They also have the advantage of being relatively cheap (less than 400 quid for a very good example).

They are usually single shot or blind magazine. Also and slightly rarer are the M84s which are a cracking rifle.
If you manage to shoot out one of the barrels on these beasts (unlikely) then Armalon are now producing barrels on the old Parker Hale machinery. Seriously excellent barrels that seem to get better and better.

I sold a TX1200 a couple of years ago and that was good fun to shoot with the iron sights. Capable of housebrick sized targets at 500 anyway.

Regards

G

Hi my Dad and I recently joined a rifle club and he is looking to get a target rifle he has a parker hale .308 for deer stalking and loves it (never missed a deer with it!) while trying to find what model it is we came across the Model 85 also chambered in .308/7.62.

Unfortunatly after looking on the web for a couple of hours I couldn't find anything, any info would be good and if anyone has one for sale it would be great. Many thanks Pete.

This is all I have found - http://www.snipercentral.com/m85.htm

If you can post a photo of your dad's rifle we can probably tell you which model it is. As for target rifles there are loads to choose from and at huge range of prices. Now I don't wear a mask but I did get this one for a stolen price:-

P8270142.jpg

P8270146.jpg

P8270154.jpg

That's a 1200TX and it came with 300 rnds of ammo for £130 :D. Another to consider that are often offered for reasonable money are the Australian Sportco Model 44 which Parker-Hale imported at one point.

The M85 is the Sniper version and to find a good one your going to have to cough up a bunch especially if it's complete with chest etc.. BSA also made a Single shot target rifle called the CFT. Musgrave immported some too. Also don't forget the Envoy the Le Enfield No4 based target rifle and the Parker-Hale T4 as I said a wide choice.

Good luck with your search.

Back