Thread: whats your thoughts

I always thought that it was an automatic suspension of FAC/SGC for more or less any offences other than driving offences....callie

Quote Originally Posted by callie View Post
    I always thought that it was an automatic suspension of FAC/SGC for more or less any offences other than driving offences....callie
    So did I till I saw it in the DSC1 book and it seems that there is different rules depending on how long the person has been locked up for.

Mark

I dunno.... Part of me thinks it is sensible..... but in the other hand not all crime is violent or robbery or mugging. Does being convicted of any crime make one unfit? Personally I would like to see some evidence before making a decision.

Whilst I can see the point of the ban and certainly anyone convicted of a violent type crime should be banned but a blanket rule for all?? I'm not so sure...

almost 30 years ago in my errant youth I was caught driving whilst disqualified (originally banned for totting up.) Now, it was a stupid lapse of judgement, I was doing up an old honda prelude ready for getting my licence back, was working on the engine and needed a bit of fuel, stupidly I decided to drive round the corner to get the fuel!!!! I was otherwise a very good kid, the Magistrates thankfully realised this as they effectively slapped me on the wrist, 60 fine and 3 months added onto my original ban... shook me up big style though... being fingerprinted and mugshotted is no fun!!!

My point is that that offence COULD have carried a custodial sentence but one which would have probably been suspended. Under the new rules being proposed that would have caused me to lose my tickets!! Not really relavent/fair in my opinion?

I think each case should be viewed on its own merits, violent crime excepted..

Paul
    Last edited by Vipa; 22-12-2010 at 20:03.