Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This damn cough

This damn cough

got a cold with an annoying tickly cough that I've had for two months now but it might just be a few colds back to back. Every time I go out in the cold I can't help cough but it's dry and getting on my tits. Doc doesn't care.

Anyone else got it or got any tips to help? cheers

Paul - do you remember those packets of spangles, about four inches long and square in section ? - well I can't remember the name of them at the moment but in most Spar or other shopping malls - or the chemist, there's a same-shaped packet of eucalyptus - black packet for the strong ones. They really get down there and clear the tubes and soften everything. Fishermans friends are also good but they tend to make me a bit nauseous after a while.
    Opinions often differ according to unknown circumstances.

Had to Google them, retro classics but I've never seen them down here. Bit like Moray Cup, what a fine drink!

I picked up something similar in October and it stayed with me for several weeks, eventually developing into a full blown chest infection. Strong antibiotics helped with the infection but of all the cough remedies I tried the best was soluble aspirin in honey in hot water. It really got the muck moving!

Take care and here's wishing you a speedy recovery.
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Paul - my 'financial controller' called through to say that the item is called HALLS. There's two strengths, the milder blue packet and the strong black one. The cough pastille version of Mr. Muscle.

Good luck. Ken.

Toddies -- I'd add a little to Iwrch's potion with a drop or three of whisky if it's a bed-time dose.
    Opinions often differ according to unknown circumstances.

Get a large cheap whisky add a half cup of hol lemonade and to table spoons of runny honey heat till very warm and drink cough gone and great night sleep the hot toddy also done me the power of good. ps dont waist the malt. TICKLY COUGHS AND STALKING DONT GO TOGETHER.

Gargle some vinegar.

Every time my wife gets a tickly cough i tell her she needs a good shot of mans milk, I wouldnt reccomend it for a man though!

yes i know what you mean had mine for 3wks its driving me up the wall,been on antibiotics for 5 days,i seem to go into coughing fits then i am ok for a few hrs i had last year as well the doc told me that it lasts for about 6wks .atb steve

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    Every time I go out in the cold I can't help cough but it's dry and getting on my tits. Doc doesn't care.

Anyone else got it or got any tips to help? cheers
    Dont go out in the cold?
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!