Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to hand squeak a fox?

How to hand squeak a fox?

Can anyone give me some tips on doing this, at the moment my efforts are more likely to scare it into the next county.
    Browning A-Bolt Composite Stalker .243 - Predator 8 - Schmidt & Bender 6x42
    CZ 452 Silhouette 20" .17HMR - SAK - Pecar Berlin 4-10x50
    CZ 452 Silhouette 16" .22LR - SAK - Pecar Berlin Champion 6x45
    Air Arms S400 Xtra FAC .22 - Leupold M8 6x36
    Verney Carron 12b O/U DTEj

See if you can find a longish blade of grass, fix between your thumb & trigger finger blow through gently like it's a reed.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by Colster View Post
    Can anyone give me some tips on doing this, at the moment my efforts are more likely to scare it into the next county.
    squeeze thumb against palm so you have the hard lump appear, then suck a 'squeaky kiss' off this lump, with practice you will get pitch correct!!!!

forget grass, only good for getting high
    Last edited by j0e_bl0ggs; 20-12-2010 at 15:16. Reason: addition

Oh and do not practise in front of the woman or you will get invitation to the padded room.....

Hi Colster. I suspect everyone has their own way of squeaking using their hand. Just purse your lips like you were going to whistle, then place the palm of your hand or the ball of your thumb gently against your lips and suck. In truth you can use any part of your hand. You can also try putting your thumbs together, hands clasped and sucking against your thumb joints.
    Best advice, practice then practice some more. Remenber you are not making a specific sound (this comes later) just a squeak.
    If a fox is hunting they may well investigate. I have been calling fox for a very long time and they will still push off! That can be caused by other things, not he call. Keep trying and you will get there.

Item number: 330502165210E Bay, these are the dogs danglies for drawing fox in!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

You will be trying to replicate a rabbit being tortured and practice for 5 years at least then give up and by a Bushwear multi-option caller and sit back and watch them run to you... different calls for each season. You can use the stock of your rifle too if you don't want to use your smelly palm?

polystyrene on windscreen works well...

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    You will be trying to replicate a rabbit being tortured and practice for 5 years at least then give up and by a Bushwear multi-option caller and sit back and watch them run to you... different calls for each season. You can use the stock of your rifle too if you don't want to use your smelly palm?

....years of experience and trial and error in my reply... why you Laff?