Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gifts for the farmers.

Gifts for the farmers.

Hi,

Thats me finished work now so the next detail is going to see the farmers and drop off their X-mas bottle/s.

BELLS 8 YEAR OLD
    GLEN MORAY 12 YEAR OLD
    GLENMORANGIE 10 YEAR OLD
    GLENFIDDICH SPECIAL RESERVE
    ABERLOUR 10 YEAR OLD
    BALVENIE DOUBLE WOOD 12 YEAR OLD
    TULLIBARDINE 10 YEAR OLD
    GLEN STRUAN SINGLE MALT
    MACALLAN 100% PROOF
    MACALLAN 10 YEAR OLD

12 BOTTLES OF VODKA
    4 BOTTLES OF WOLF BASS WINE

Although all wont go most will.

Best to keep them on your side.

Equates to 4000 acres of mixed shooting

Merry Xmas to you all

Attachment 3933

Ditto...did mine on Monday 8 Bottles 10 Year Old Vintage Port and Lots of pots of Stilton...

They were all very pleased that I'd made the effort to drive through the snow to get it to them

ArthursC

One expense I wont have this Xmas now I am on the electric scooter.
    I used to give my lot bottles of Bells or Grouse bought in advance at Morrisons when they were on offer at 13 a litre bottle.
    Never had a complaint, although someone on here called Bells and Grouse `Yak piss`. The experiences of some on here never cease to amaze me, which normal person would know what `Yak piss` tasted like ?

Xmas and New Year best wishes to all.

HWH.

And all the best to you as well stag1933. I'll raise a glass to you when the bells come in for 2011.

Ken. It probably won't be Bells or Grouse though - although perfecty palatable. Mine will be from a bottle of 12 year-old Highland Speyside at fifteen quid bought from Lidl. A nice dram.
    Opinions often differ according to unknown circumstances.

mine is all but done
    just 2 more farmers to drop off too
    and the lad who leases the stalking next door, as he lets me retrieve any runners I may get
    equates to 6 bottles of port,
    4 x 1 litre bottles of bells whisky, which was on deal at 2 bottles for 25 ( bargain)
    2 Christmas trees
    1 turkey and some venison joints

so all in all not a bad Xmas after all

We do a mini hamper

Home made jam, home made fruit vodka and a bottle of wine or whisky. Sweets for the kids.

Our thinking is that if only the owner/dad/man likes us we are safe enough. if the mum/wife /kids also like us we are home and dry.

All in a neat wrapped box. It does not cost much but makes the owner feel valued, and i think it helps.

I hope my farmers are not reading this as some only get a bottle however, we have 4 permisssions that are very soecial to us and others that are nice but not as special.

D

I used to look forward to the offerings we got at work from those with our stalking/shooting rights, it was very much appreciated by me as I got up to milk on Xmas day but tbh was really nice for people to drop stuff off for us. I miss the home made sloe gin one of the lads used to drop off.

We have so many farms we cover , it too costly to do the quality whisky thing, ( & some are women) so its x2 quality wines (red & white) 1 tin of chocolates . Still costly with the drive up & around, but well worth the effort, as we only see them occasionally, some once a year .

I save all the bottles I get given when I take guests throughout the year, do a 50/50 deal with my butcher on Muntjac/wildboar sausages and butcher a few Roe and Fallow myself, I share this between my farmers doen't get too expesive then.

WD

I dont take anything but i do get the odd bottle off Farmers for doing a good job niice to be nice.