Thread: Lunar Eclipse Winter Solstice 2010

Lunar Eclipse Winter Solstice 2010

I have, in all my years, never been at the right place or the right time or the right weather grrr, to see a solar or lunar eclipse. I can no longer say that. Last night, on the solstice, was a total lunar eclipse that could be seen from where I live. The clouds threatened, but I could still see it through the wispy clouds. The haziness of the following images are in part due to the clouds and in part due to the lens I was using. I'm sure you can find MUCH better images than these somewhere on the net, but I'll post these anyway.

By the way, this only the second time since the birth of Christ that there has been a lunar eclipse on the winter solstice.

i saw it at 6 30 am about half way through the eclipse. how many more saw it?
    poppins

great pictures!

i was lucky i was on my way to work and managed to see the whole thing awsome paul great pictures atb,wayne

I watched it as i had just got to work. It wasnt as impressive as gitanos pics.. It was clear but didnt see that deep red colour.

There was some stat saying that was the first lunar eclipse on the winter solstice for 400 years.

I saw it all went stalking and shot a beast it finally closed at 730 ish were i was.

yeah it started at 0630 and was a total eclipse at 0740 where i was.. would rather have been stalking than being at work!

Thanks Paul, here weather was crappy and overcast!!!!