Thread: munties the questions.....

munties the questions.....

1) how many do you shoot?
    2) who's shot the one the furthest north?
    3) what would you charge taking someone out for one on a morning?

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    Paul, I have shot 3 this year, two on my patch and one with the illustrious ninja (my first munty buck!). No one in their right mind would pay me to come and shoot muntjac, I do not see them often enough.

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    The real question is not how far north, but how far west.....
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

I must admit that i shot far too many and not necessarily in the most sporting of methods. Until 4 yrs ago i lived in Essex and was primarily a wildfowler. Membership to half a dozen clubs can get expensive but thankfully farmers would allow you on if you also promised to hammer the munties.

We effectively treated them like hares.

I miss the little buggers now but they were a devil to skin for some reason. Also, can anyone tell me why you'd occassionally get a little buck who would just wander along barking away for no apparent reason and for extended periods in time?

How much would i pay now? Hmm, prob would expect the same as Roe stalking in the area.

ive shot almost 30 this year, but Norfolk is heaving with them, My landowners dont allow me to take other people out to shoot, but I dont pay anything so I wouldnt charge anything If I was allowed and took someone

mike

Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    I must admit that i shot far too many and not necessarily in the most sporting of methods. Until 4 yrs ago i lived in Essex and was primarily a wildfowler. Membership to half a dozen clubs can get expensive but thankfully farmers would allow you on if you also promised to hammer the munties.

We effectively treated them like hares.

I miss the little buggers now but they were a devil to skin for some reason. Also, can anyone tell me why you'd occassionally get a little buck who would just wander along barking away for no apparent reason and for extended periods in time?

How much would i pay now? Hmm, prob would expect the same as Roe stalking in the area.
    First off, let me qualify this comment by saying I'm no expert, so here goes. I think the reason for the random barking may be territory related. Bucks will defend a territory vigorously, especially if there are females in the area. A younger buck may wander around barking until he finds a spot where he gets no reply in order to find a patch of his own. Alternatively, he may just be horny and waiting to get a female bark back at him.
    I do know that you can sometimes get them to show themselves if you "bark" back at them. You do feel daft doing it though if you're in company
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.