Thread: archer nv scope advice please

archer nv scope advice please

currently got mine on the back of a swaro pvi2 high grid 6 - 24 x 50, seems pretty good although a bit much scope for dedicated night vision setup (scope set forward). anyone using something cheaper? been told a leupold 4.5 - 14 x 50 might be just the job or nikon/bushnell.

feedback appreciated

cheers

Hi Gary,had an archer on a leupold 4.5-14x50 mk4 lrt it done the biz, sold the archer but still got the scope.Only thing i found a pain was re focusing the scope when switching between lamping and nv,do you have to with the swaro,cheers

the diopter of the swaro has to be adjusted right out to focus the cross hairs with the archer, its difficult to turn with the adaptor on. i plan to keep a rifle dedicated to the NV with a scope mounted forward on a rail. currently got it on an r93 with a butt pad extension but it doesnt feel right, think its going to sit on a remmy 700 25-06 and cause lots of death and distruction with 85gn ballistic tips
    Last edited by Offroad Gary; 24-12-2010 at 18:01. Reason: spelling

I too use a Leupold 4.5-14x50 and find it does the job. It really pays to play around with the scope if you use an Archer. I've had mine for about 4 years and tend to use it more as a spotter.
    Incidentally, and I am sure you know, if using the Archer on the scope a rubber butt sleeve/extension make a big difference.

had mine on sako 75 varmint .22-25O , same as you with pad extension, found it awkward to handle but boy did it kill foxes .you just had to get used to them not stoping and looking at you like they do in the lamp.but i learnt a lot just watching them for a little while before pulling trigger ,sometimes left it to long though

Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    currently got mine on the back of a swaro pvi2 high grid 6 - 24 x 50, seems pretty good although a bit much scope for dedicated night vision setup (scope set forward). anyone using something cheaper? been told a leupold 4.5 - 14 x 50 might be just the job or nikon/bushnell.

feedback appreciated

cheers
    MTC Mamba or Viper works very very well defo as good with NV as my Swaro 2.5-10 x 56

Gary pm sent
    Last edited by Bandit; 27-12-2010 at 22:10.