Thread: First Gun to a new shooter.... Merry festives!

First Gun to a new shooter.... Merry festives!

I just gifted my single barrel Baikal with a box of sporting to a lad who got his shotgun certificate through the post today! Feeling pretty good about giving rather than receiving for the first time in my life.

Well don D&G firearms for getting his ticket to him in time for xmas too.

Merry festives all

Nice one..a present he will never forget even if he shoots for the rest of his life.

fraser

What a great thing to do. He'll never forget it that's for sure. Brings to mind a Christmas 30 years ago when I was given my first shotgun. What a day that was.

I will make a point of trying to do the same if the opportunity presents.

Nice one Paul. I got my first shotgun for Christmas when i was 13, best present ever and still got it but hoping the young lad will one day relise shooting is great and not "just wandering around getting wet and cold"

ATB have a good one.

Good on you Paul!

I got my first air-rifle as a wholly unexpected birthday present over 25 years ago....I'd been mithering my parents for yonks for one, and was always met with a firm "No...."

I had to wait from unwrapping the box in the morning - almost bursting with excitement - until my Dad got home from work that night so that he could make sure I was safe with it. Longest day of my life!!!

Set me out down the path of shooting, and I've never looked back, so thanks Mum & Dad!!

Hope your mate is still going strong in 25+ years too!!

ATB,

Merlin
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Well done, it's a great feeling isn't it. I did much the same for a mate on our shoot, I gave his son an old Belgium side by side 2 years ago, he still uses it at every opportunity. Stock needs lengthening now though as the buggers growing fast.

Cheers

Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Good gun to give him Paul, he will appreciate that. So many lads these days have it all on a plate and start shooting with super duper Brownings etc, nothing wrong in that I suppose but it just seems right to start with the basics (I suppose those Browning owners can still aspire to one day getting a Beretta!). I've got two cabinets full of firearms but from April till August the one I use most is a Baikal 24'' single barrel for mole shooting! JC

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    I just gifted my single barrel Baikal with a box of sporting to a lad who got his shotgun certificate through the post today! Feeling pretty good about giving rather than receiving for the first time in my life.
    I can tell you how he will be feeling, like I did when a friend of mine (much older than me) gave me the unrestricted use of his old Sako .270 that was fitted with a Pecar 6x45 post sight. The first rifle I had on my ticket 20+ years ago. I shot with it for a couple of years before I could afford my own. Kicked a bit but shot accurately. It felt great...