Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First gun 30 years ago

First gun 30 years ago

It just dawned on me that this day 30 years ago I got my first gun.

A BSA .22 Airsporter.

My parents gave it to me on Christmas Eve, I was 11 years old.

My friend at that time also got a break barrel BSA airgun. We hunted the parish on foot for years with these old airguns, no starling was safe.

My eldest is ten now, can't see him getting his mits on an airgun unsupervised any time soon.

Changed times.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

And in some ways a little sad too....

I had a BSA Airsporter S .177 30 odd years ago with a Tasco 3-9x50 on it well i think it was a 50 how i loved that gun so damn accurate, head shot countless rabbits with it then traded it in for my first shotgun and still regret it to this day.

It`s thirty five years since i had my Webley Vulcan .177.
    No tin can was safe!!
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    It`s thirty five years since i had my Webley Vulcan .177.
    No tin can was safe!!
    basil.
    Same here except mines a .22 and it still lives under my bed and comes out a couple times a year if theres a rat in the garden, it still packs a punch after all this time not much bluing left on the poor beggar now, i keep meaning to give it a tart up one of these days.

Webley Vulcan .22.......takes me back to the good old days. Shooting pennys at 30 yards....cracking springer.

Got my aya yeoman s/s 16yrs ago, aged 17. It is my game gun of choice, and I regularly use it on the clays to good effect. Was going to replace it with a 20 bore game gun last month. What was I thinking!!!!

Stu

Stu, funny, my Airsporter gave way for a Yeoman. I just couldn't get on with it and it was swapped for an old Miroku OU. That Miroku and a Brno 22 were the only guns I owned until I was 29 years old.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Hmmm In 1979 I brought my Feinwerkbau Model 127 sport (.22) with ASI 4x32 scope in a one piece Rhino mount. The rifle and scope came from Streatham Armoury the mount direct from the maker as we knew him. That complimneted the BSA Std meteor .177 I had brought a few years previously. I also had a Crossman 755 which i still have but it needs are-build as the seals and valve gave out. Well I wore them out really.

The Feinwerkbau is on it's third spring now and it's second set of seals.

.22 asi sniper which was soon changed for a Hw 35.
    not sure when but i would be about the same age and i'm now 44.