Anyone out there get some good shooting presents?

groach1234

Well how did you lot fair this year? I am very happy and got some cracking presents including a matching leather shotgun slip and cartridge bag, a new pair of plus fours and a harkila roe sack that I asked for several months ago and forgot about before buying poppins' sika sack in the H4H auction :rolleyes: anyway had a great day with some great presents and 16 round for christmas dinner with turkey and goose on offer what a day its been. Anyone else get any presents they're delighted with?

George

The one thing that bends my trees is that my lot know that hunting is my passion but nothing hunting related ever appears.
Never mind, i did get my customary bottle from Mrs basil.

I personally got a tweed shooting suit, socks, 1000 cartridges (shotgun), and I had a days shooting a couple of months ago. Also got a partridge day coming up on the 30th which I'm paying for with my christmas money so it still counts as a pressie. We're also going out for deer next week on one of our permissions to try and get my first deer (picked) after I lost my first one that got into thick cover after being heartshot ad we couldn't find it. :(
So I've been really spoilt this year and got loads of awesome stuff. Hopefully in a few days time I'll be able to put a report up on here about my first deer. The woodland we shoot will be full of deer (muntjac and roe) with all this snow as it's thick conifer and thus really warm so fingers crossed...
I hope everyone had a great christmas and I wish you all a happy new year.

Got a lovely set of Sealskinz shooting gloves, so no more frost bite fingers!! All the best for 2011.
Timney

Wife got me a antique art deco brass red stag on a marble plinth, god knows what that cost her,:rolleyes: a GPS watch so no chance of not finding my way back to the car if I am stalking on ground other than my own. Then a new ultra sonic cleaner to replace the one I had burnt out.

Happy days

Tahr

I got Going Foxing, Robert Bucknells second book. It has been difficult to put it down.. Excellent read.

D

Mrs. Buckup is a diamond!

windstop shooting jumper. Silk tie with duck print. Gift voucher for my local gunshop. Already enjoyed a very nice partridge day. And perhaps best of all not a word of complaint when I brought myself the Tikka 30.06 that I mentioned on here a while back.

God Bless her.

The mrs got me a DSC 1 course...chuffed with that, wanted to do it for a while but too tight to pay for it myself!

Thanks to her indeed!

The balence of the DSC1 for me from Mrs Milly too. Who you going with Daft Dog? If its the Jelen course in Feb I will see you there.

The gem i married is always surprising me this year i had the following;

Trip to wicklow with flights and £150 spending money
3 barbour shirts
a pair of nubuck hunting trousers
aftershave, socks etc of the 3 girls (2 polecats and 1 labrodor) she has clever pets you see.

well i did quite well too ,

i got a ruger m77 in 270 , a case tumbler 400 ,270 bullets and a 6x42 shmidt all brought before xmas , and all its costing me in return is 1 pair of diamond and platinum earrings to match her wedding and engagement rings !

and after looking at the price of the earrings she wants , mrs 6.5 has got the better end of the wedge !

cheers lee

happy xmas folks i got my thetford red stag all 19 st 7 lbs head and guts off. head is on my shoot shed wall awaiting measuring , and i got a gr8 photo album by apple with alot of pics related to shoot and the beaters good old mrs 308 . i just ad to buy a nice little muela knife 0n xmas eve for me . happy new yr folks

I was pleased to get some base layer clothing to keep me warm, just my luck the very next we have a massive thaw on . Still looking around the house for the z6 scope that I asked Santa for though.

I had a fantastic Swarovski crystal stag arrive on Christmas eve courtesy of the SD H4H raffle and Stu Tartinjock.

Thar, that GPS watch should come in handy up at Stroan.

Charcoal handwarmer bought by my son, own pocket money, will warm the cockles on many cold mornings. Often the simple presents make the best.
But best of all is the agreement with norsewoman, I get to buy my own christmas present so will be visiting some well known stalking suppliers shortly to sort that out!!

I treated myself to a z6 for the 260.

I have a pheasant day on Tuesday.

Got a few books also, Craig Boddington's Buffalo. Now I really want a full three week tent safari, maybe include a Leopard and some plains game. Better start buying more lottery tickets.

Not stalking, my lass bought me a personal numberplate for my 4x4 that suits me as a farmer. V12 TUP ( A tup is another name for a ram/male sheep for those on foreign shores). Well chuffed. In return she recieved a necklace and a down jacket.

Back