Thread: Trigger

Question Trigger

Hi all just after some advice here, I have got a CZ550 .243Win and have adjusted the trigger pull to make it lighter and this has imprved my groups but...

Yesterday I was helping a friend to brake in his new RPA General Purpose Hunter also .243Win and the trigger is excellent!

So my question is would you recomend the timney trigger for my CZ550?

thanks Pete

I replaced my Remmington 700 trigger with a Jackson 2 stage unit. Cost 200 but transformed my .223. Have a look on his web site to see if they do one for your rifle.
    D

P3T3R,

If you really feel you need a Timmney trigger it will only disappoint you as they really only work on RPA Rifles.....

Don't spend money, you really are happy with your rifle

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    P3T3R,

If you really feel you need a Timmney trigger it will only disappoint you as they really only work on RPA Rifles.....

Don't spend money, you really are happy with your rifle

Stan
    Oh Really

If you look at Midway's site you will find timney make several models for different rifels. There is one for the Mausers and there may be one for the Brno. The Timney has three screws and is quite adjustable. Parker-Hale fitted a timney type the their rifles.

I fitted a Timney to my Brno 22rf. I thought the trigger before was pretty good, but the timney has transformed it. Not so much weight of pull, but it's the feel that is so much better. Many custom builders fit timneys as a matter of course - many of the Rigbys etc which were built on Brno/ cz actions had Timneys.