Thread: Well done Kent Police

Well done Kent Police

I would like to congratulate every one in the Kent Police firearms dept, that delt so quickly with my recent variation for a 308 + moderator, for deer and fox control. Met with my FEO on 10th Dec and had the variation granted and FAC back to me on the 18th. Got a call from Tony at HQ to tell me it was ready and asked if I wanted to collect it, due to the bad weather and Christmas post! Items now purchased and thanks to the rapid turn around I have avoided the new years VAT hike.
    Bet we wont see service like this again when the budget axe falls! I guess that the civilian support posts such as firearms dept will be hit before front line officers:-(

Fred

Hmmmm is it only me but it seems we are thanking them for simply doing their job now we know most Police Firearms Licensing departments are enept and a lot totally so but it's now got tot eh stage where we have to thank them for even doing a fairly normal job .

Now to the importnat bit what toys did you get?

Tika T3 hunter and an ASE Utra moderator in 308 win, topped off with S & B 2.5>10x56 scope. Snuck off Christmas afternoon and loaded some cases with 150g Nosler BT's. Can't wait to get out and zero it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Hmmmm is it only me but it seems we are thanking them for simply doing their job now we know most Police Firearms Licensing departments are enept and a lot totally so but it's now got tot eh stage where we have to thank them for even doing a fairly normal job .

++1

I wish i could thank mine publicly on here but they are obstuctive, give incorrect directions and advice and interpret the HO guidelines to suit their needs.. and they really don't want firearms on their patch.