Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you have taken the shot?

Would you have taken the shot?

Lovely buck, but I don't think i'd have taken the frontal neck shot to be honest.

I suppose to be honest it comes down to how confident you are, I know that after being there for that long i would have been shaking like the proverbial. Would i personally have taken the shot ? yes, IF I was steady enough and felt good. If not I would have been grateful for such an experience and watched him on his way.
    Lovely buck btw.

atb

Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post

Lovely buck, but I don't think i'd have taken the frontal neck shot to be honest.
    No problems with that IMO, good shot, close enough to ensure a clean and accurate shot.

I would'nt have taken the shot i don't head or neck shoot any deer unless off course the animal was sick or injured and that's the only chance of a shot, id have just let him pass and enjoyed the moment

I would have taken the shot, it was that close and with a steady rest.

yes i would have taken the shot from what i saw on the film clip if it was what the rifle could of seen what we had at that range.

I am sure Mark would not allow any guest to take the shot if he was not confident about his guest's abilities. He is an experienced stalker.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post

Why not?

My self no problem !!! if it was a client only if i knew he or she was shooting straight and confident .
    Dave.

Nothing wrong with any of it, right up until you hear that bolt racked, & it 's still closed up while handling the beast, maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't hear the rifle being cleared from the follow up condition.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!