Thread: With friends like....

With friends like....

.....these, who needs enemies

Lent my bins to a novice for a minute and got them back bust when packing away. Didn't know to I was next out in the field. The noob had turned the adjusment looking for focus and it had reached its stop but then thinking it was just stiff put enough pressure to move it and sheared the stop fitting inside which now allows movement so they need repaired.

Great, not that they were amazing bins but I like my gear working!

I have a second pair of cheepish bin’s that I lend to anybody who comes with me without bin’s.

Sorry to hear you have been wronged Paul.

ATB

Tahr

thats a good trick paul when you come to see me i might help you out.

regards
    chris

Sorry to hear about this.

Have you tackled them about it?

I certainly would and them not saying anything is bang out of order .
    Last edited by Brithunter; 29-12-2010 at 20:11.

Wot a load of tosh

sorry Paul
    but to come out with such rubbish as that really makes me mad
    you lent something to some one that was not in good working order and now blame them for your own incompetence for not keeping it in good working order
    Personally I think you should be ashamed of yourself
    next think about it and get yourself a 2nd pair which is better quality to lend out
    that's what I did
    cost me 40
    lesson learn't me thinks and you owe the nooobie an apology for lending him such poor equipment

:d:d:d:d:d
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

@ Stone but if a pair of bins can go by the stop they must be pish paul. But i must admit i do not like lending my bins out and if any one comes out with me and they have crap or worse no bins they get a wee shot of mine to see what they are missing and then get told to get new ones. It costs them big time.

tut, you give an honest story and you get it

The funny thing is the 'noob' broke a pair of zeiss a week before we were out. He'd only had them a month and they're off for repair.... My bins are mid range and I'd had them for a year but they're under warrenty so it's not a disaster. They're not pish tut but like anything really, they are not meant to be idiot proof.

Stone, having re-thought the error of my ways I have decided to ensure that my noob suffered no harm when the clearly defective bins broke and could have put him at risk so I shall apologise. Thanks for letting me see things clearly

I hope you didn't charge him for the stalk. That dodgy set of bins failing like that could have upset his day ;-) Hope you get them sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    tut, you give an honest story and you get it

The funny thing is the 'noob' broke a pair of zeiss a week before we were out. He'd only had them a month and they're off for repair.... My bins are mid range and I'd had them for a year but they're under warrenty so it's not a disaster. They're not pish tut but like anything really, they are not meant to be idiot proof.

Stone, having re-thought the error of my ways I have decided to ensure that my noob suffered no harm when the clearly defective bins broke and could have put him at risk so I shall apologise. Thanks for letting me see things clearly

Regular Poster
    Paul, You may find that your lifetime waranty does not cover that kind of damage, abuse is not normaly covered.

Dry Powder.
    And A Happy New Year To You

Barry