Available: Deer Stalking with Jelen Deer Services £150/Day

Jelendeer

Hi everyone,

We are now taking bookings for Roe does, Fallow bucks and does, and Muntjac culling with Jelen Deer Services for 2011

Culling days are available from 1st January until 28th February. The charges are £150.00 per person per day (two stalks)

We are also taking bookings for 2011 roe buck season. £150.00/day, no trophy fees for cull bucks.

Please email mike@jelendeer.com for more details.

Best regards & Happy New Year,

Mike
(Director - Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Deer Services

It says no trophy fee,s now thats the way it should be. One price and good on you for stateing it, Happy new year;)

hi no cost for cull bucks but what is the cost for better than cull bucks that is what i meant.

Surely if you are managing deer you will only take cull animals any that are not so discribed must be kept. If any one comes on my ground and i say cull bucks thats what they get if an animal is not a cull it is not a cull simple. Have i got this wrong is there a diffent angle on this.:eek:

I am not meaning it any other way apart from the straight forward question i asked 6pointer or have you with posting such a reply.

I dont understand your post mate but if you mean there is a trophy fee i hope that said trophy is of coarse a cull animal. But because it happens to have a certain size of antlers it commands a higher price? You see if i am going to cull a larger buck even into medal class it is still a cull animal.;)

Hi Guys,

Just to clarify

The £150.00 includes VAT, and:

2 stalks (approx. 3 hrs/stalk)

Any roe does in season as part of our cull plan (yearlings and/or poor animals, and old animals that we decide are too old to remain on the ground)

Any Roe bucks in season as part of the cull plan (usually yearling bucks of less than 4 points, or small 4 points - shorter than their ears)

Any Fallow deer in season, regardless of size, sex, antlers.

Any muntjac bucks regardless of size, and preferably pregnant does and young beasts.

No extra charge for multiple culls, of any of the above, or a combination of any of the above.

No extra charge for estate transport, or use of estate rifle.

Hope that makes it clear, however, please don't hesitate to contact me if you need any further details.

Best regards

Mike

(Director - Jelen Deer Services)
Jelen Deer Services

So if you have an animal that is very old and is part of the cull plan but it has a decent set of antlers it becomes a trophy animal as apposed to a cull animal is this correct. If it is what charge is given for such an animal.

Surely if you are managing deer you will only take cull animals any that are not so discribed must be kept. If any one comes on my ground and i say cull bucks thats what they get if an animal is not a cull it is not a cull simple. Have i got this wrong is there a diffent angle on this.:eek:

6Pointer if you are running a business out of stalking then I would suggest that maybe you adjust your theory as I believe you are missing out... If you are just out to make a bit of money and manage deer for the love then this is why your adopting such principles... Mike is running a business and clearly a very successful one if you follow his work therefore this may explain why he has to think slightly more carefully about his pricing structure...

Even still i think his stalking is very good value and credit to him for not being greedy...

Hello Chaps

Is this an advert for genuine deer stalking or helping with the cull on a deer park or farmed enclosure as advertised on previous threads indeed any trophy appears to be available as the same company advertised on this site for the chance to shoot two trophy park red stags not to long ago ! Not my cup of tea as ive stated before but some seem to think this is ok, if this is for genuine deer stalking out on open ground then the price seems fine of course the roe stalking i would think is !

I don't get most of the questions? The chap has said if I am reading it rightly, you can shoot anything you see seasons allowing except certain roe bucks, and certain roe does for £150 a day, they will also lend you a rifle if you don't have one.

What more is there to understand? The only thing missing is the price for trophy roe bucks?

They seem to be offering good stuff, and I have booked up for a DMQ course with them later this year.

with the term any fallow in season seen to be culled its not a park or there would be trophy fees !

And i can see where 6 pointer is coming from a cull is a cull but! if stated from the start a cull can also have trophy fee every thing really has to be black and white these days

So if you have an animal that is very old and is part of the cull plan but it has a decent set of antlers it becomes a trophy animal as apposed to a cull animal is this correct. If it is what charge is given for such an animal.

Hi 6p, as far as our Roe deer management policy is concerned, we have a clear distinction between what is a cull, and what is a trophy. In the case of an old animal that is going back, and needing to be removed, then yes this will be sold as a trophy as opposed to a cull.

Our charges for trophies are quite high. This is done purposely to recoup part of the cost of getting that animal to maturity, and thus encouraging propagation of those genetics, and also partly to discourage the desire to shoot good animals, just for the sake of a decent set of antlers.

Whilst Jelen Deer Services is NOT a trophy or sporting shooting organisation, the removal of old trophy animals nevertheless forms a significant part of not only the economics of estate deer management, but also the overall welfare of the remaining deer on the estate. They have a significant value that - from an economic viewpoint - it would be foolish not to utilise that potential for revenue.

Each year these selected animals are sold as trophies at the optimum time - and at the optimum value. If we don't do this, then come April the following year, those animals would probably be displaced by a younger, stronger buck and move off the estate to either to battle for a home, be shot by someone else, or live in a thick hedge somewhere until it dies!

Your question about charges? Well in the limited circumstances, we would be charging £245 for a good 6 pointer that we felt was a good representative animal, but NOT good enough to keep on for future herd improvement. £540 for Bronze medal, £690 for Silver medal, and £980 for Gold medal.

These animals are the result of perhaps 5, 6, 7 years good management. So when broken down, it's still not a great return for a 7 year old animal - at £140/year, less than than the value of one day's stalking for cull beasts. On top of this we get a stalking fee £75.00, and also the venison carcass £40 - £50.

As far as the cull beasts are concerned, our management policy is simple! Given the ideal habitat we have here in Hampshire, if a roe buck can't grow six points, or at least four good, long points in it's first head, then quite simply, genetically it is no good. So we aim to shoot EVERY sub standard roe buck as early in the season as possible. That way we capitalise on a cull animal that may well disappear over the boundary, even though it may have come from across the boundary in the first place.

On our estates, we don't cull ANY mature does unless they are clearly very old or otherwise sick/injured, so the doe season consists almost entirely of yearling animals. Only the very best are left.

Hope that clarifies things a bit.

regards,

Mike
(Director - Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Deer Services

Hello Chaps

Is this an advert for genuine deer stalking or helping with the cull on a deer park or farmed enclosure as advertised on previous threads indeed any trophy appears to be available as the same company advertised on this site for the chance to shoot two trophy park red stags not to long ago ! Not my cup of tea as ive stated before but some seem to think this is ok, if this is for genuine deer stalking out on open ground then the price seems fine of course the roe stalking i would think is !

Hi again,

If we are advertising deer stalking, then obviously it implies that we are stalking wild deer! ....... Or am I missing something?

We don't stalk our park/farmed deer! This is old ground .375, you seem to have a problem understanding what we are advertising. READ THE ADVERT! ...... Or if you would like to give me a call on 07707 118612, then I will explain to you.

Regards

Mike.

Now i hope people can see why i asked about a trophy fee , i would add more to my comment but i wont.

regards
chrisc

This is like watching a good game of tennis!!!

See you in February mike .

Atb Steve

Actually, I was walking in Winchester earlier today, and heard somebody say "Hey! There's Maria Sharapova, the fat ba****d!" ........ I gotta stop wearing those little tennis skirts!!!

Look forward to seeing you then Steve.

Regards

Mike.

First of all may i reply to NIELAJ First of all i am not running a buisness but i do understand the differnce between a trophy and a cull animal i also thinck your view of good value is a bit differnt to mine mate.. The problem here is others might not . Please dont try and patronise me its my ground and i will decided what comes off it and me alone will decided what to charge. If i am missing an opertunity to stuff it up peoples ass then thats my choice ,you see we dont all look at things from your angle and a good job or every one comming to me would wounder what the final bill will amount to. Mike i know you are running a buisness and for that reason i feel(jmho) that you should be transparant with your discriptions. So lets make it plane any shitty buck of less than a 3 inch head can be shot anthing else will stretch your wallet a fair bit.;) Any doe that is not an adult of reasnable quality will be taken unless you decide differnt. Now your maths regards bucks and how long they take to grow is way off. Also you management plan seems a little suspect. even if it is a good six pointer in its first year it should either be a cull or not . You say it will comand a price so were is the management of good deer coming from .I would say over the boundry and a good job for you your nabour is a bit more like me and puts deer welfare first.:rofl: Happy New Year and please dont be taken in by the so called eggsperts they might not be all they seem.

This animal is my best buck and will not be classed as a cull next year but is for sale to any one that can afford a gold .ps god knows what animal will cover my does when he gone but hey whats it matter.

Allanthisonesgotyournameonit.jpg

Last edited:
Back