any 1st this year?

sir-lamp-alot

just wondered if anyone had managed any 1st this year? i managed my 1st shoveler this year always fancyed shooting one and saw one by chance whilst out the other night on a duck flight, so come on lads and lasses whats your 1st for the year

I also shot my first Red stag this year.

Stag007Medium.jpg

As a newbie I am unsure of the photo posting rules, so if it shouldn't be on here can one of the mods let me know or please remove it?

Regards

Total Novice

Had a few firsts this year too,

Stalked my 1st ever Red Stag this year which was fantastic

Another first was helping my oldest boy (7) get his first rabbit which was brilliant.

We got 2 ferrets from a rescue for him in 2009 but between one thing and another we didn't have the time to get out last winter so I made a concerted effort this year.

I made him his own purse nets, got him his ferret box and a few bits and bob's, then we headed out so I could show him the ropes (more of a refresher for me as I hadn't done it for over 20 years myself!!) without any success but he absolutely loved it and didn't stop asking when we were next going out.

So, my last leave home we had another day out.

He had amazingly picked up the idea very quickly and we finally got him his first rabbit.
I don't know who was the happiest but a picture paints a thousand words :D

Happy7.jpg

He's a real "outdoors" boy, got his first wee brown trout when he was just 4 years old and is always helping with my wife's/his pony, loves helping feeding the hoppers/duck ponds, plucking pheasants, tin can shooting with his air rifle and generally scudding about the hills and forests with me.

Can't wait to the next milestone of getting him his first salmon and introducing him to more shooting once he's a bit older, proper quality time as far as I'm concerned.

Almost forgot, he had the rabbit for his tea the next night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Wee rotter hardly left me a mouthful :D

Cheers

Rb

Had a few firsts this year too,

Stalked my 1st ever Red Stag this year which was fantastic

Another first was helping my oldest boy (7) get his first rabbit which was brilliant.

We got 2 ferrets from a rescue for him in 2009 but between one thing and another we didn't have the time to get out last winter so I made a concerted effort this year.

I made him his own purse nets, got him his ferret box and a few bits and bob's, then we headed out so I could show him the ropes (more of a refresher for me as I hadn't done it for over 20 years myself!!) without any success but he absolutely loved it and didn't stop asking when we were next going out.

So, my last leave home we had another day out.

He had amazingly picked up the idea very quickly and we finally got him his first rabbit.
I don't know who was the happiest but a picture paints a thousand words :D

Happy7.jpg

He's a real "outdoors" boy, got his first wee brown trout when he was just 4 years old and is always helping with my wife's/his pony, loves helping feeding the hoppers/duck ponds, plucking pheasants, tin can shooting with his air rifle and generally scudding about the hills and forests with me.

Can't wait to the next milestone of getting him his first salmon and introducing him to more shooting once he's a bit older, proper quality time as far as I'm concerned.

Almost forgot, he had the rabbit for his tea the next night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Wee rotter hardly left me a mouthful :D

Cheers

Rb
Brilliant to see he looks well pleased happy new year:thumb:

well done to you all glad to hear 2010 had a few 1st for differnt people will have to wait and see what 2011 bring now i suppose

Back