Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: any suggestions for a good guide for wolf and lynx shooting

any suggestions for a good guide for wolf and lynx shooting

and what should i pay

Account Suspended
    Why would you want to shoot a lynx?? You cannot eat a lynx or a wolf and unless it is raping your livestock then an only assume you are doing it for fun or because you can.

Each to their own, but as an ethical stalker/shooter I find this unacceptable.

I hope you pay a lot for this, an awful lot.

Think your superior attitude is uncalled for.

You dont know this guy yet you confirm to him you are superior to him.
    I dont eat fox but it dont stop me shooting them because they are vermin, as are i suspect wolf and lynx.
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

Lynx are extremely efficient predators of roe deer, I am sure some of our Scandinavian contributors will give more details. Now I have no interest in shooting them but that does not mean they don’t need controlling, especially if you want enough excess roe to be able to harvest a few for your freezer.

Wolves will seek out and kill your hunting dogs as well as knocking off live stock and keeping the deer numbers down, again I don’t want to shoot a wolf personally but that does not mean that in curtain circumstances it is not necessary.

ATB

Tahr

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehunting View Post
    You dont know this guy yet you confirm to him you are superior to him.
    I dont eat fox but it dont stop me shooting them because they are vermin, as are i suspect wolf and lynx.
    I think I mentioned vermin control in my initial explanation maybe you should re read it And please do not put words in my mouth or anything for that matter.
    I expressed a view nothing more. If you want to shoot lynx you can same as my dog can lick its arse, but it is not for me.
    Last edited by Short Shot; 31-12-2010 at 12:07. Reason: Took the bait

Just did some a little research there and found this for you if it's any help, seems a good place to go
    http://www.shootingenterprise.com/main/163/Wolf.html
    They don't have lynx but the have most others e.g. deer, boar, bear, fox the list goes on

Hope this helps,

Roe

Hi Short shot
    I have just looked at your profile which is un filled, why not fill your profile in and tell us about yourself and what you hunt and shoot ? before you get sarky with every one else on here about what they may want to hunt Just because you think it so unethical to you.

Gentlemen,

we have seen these what appear to be quite innocuous posts get out of hand before, so can we please avoid it this time. A member has asked for advice on hunting a particular quarry species, and has been subjected to attack because someone else disagrees with his choice of hunt. Now if the comments and replies could be kept within the forum requirement of civility then peace will reign.

Short shot, you have four post's to your credit only joined this month and already are in the midst of a potential nuisance thread. Now as you have already indicated a willingness to translate text into Yorky for the benefit of members, perhaps you would like to post an introduction (a site requirement) also for the benefit of members.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Account Suspended
    I have updated the profile and will do the introduction if I care to stay a member. The reason I got sarcastic was in response was the implication that "I am superior" to the poster which is simply and clearly not true and was intended to provoke a response, which it did. I have edited the post.

Just not overly keen on shooting predators unless they are a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Roe View Post
    Just did some a little research there and found this for you if it's any help, seems a good place to go http://www.shootingenterprise.com/main/163/Wolf.html They don't have lynx but the have most others e.g. deer, boar, bear, fox the list goes on Hope this helps, Roe
    Jan Urban of Shooting enterprise is a well respected gentleman and I am sure will do his best to satisfy you.
    Incidentally, I was on a driven Boar shoot in Croatia a few years ago and a Wolf came by me at a very short distance, I found it fascinating to see and know it did not know I was so close to it.
    I did not shoot it and was B*****d by the forester, as apparently, it was resposible for a lot of dogs and poultry being savaged in the area.
    This was not to be confused with the European Coyote, a similar animal but different !!
    Last edited by EMcC; 31-12-2010 at 13:48. Reason: Personal experience added.