Times of Todays Posts

Milly

Just looking at the times of todays posts and the number of people reading the threads. Seems that nothing but shooting, hunting and fishing could boast as many early risers on a new years morn?
Fired a display on the Sheppey marshes at midnight. Took the NV with me just to have a look around and a fair number of rabbits moving around but no Charlie. Shame I am not out with the gun today. Will have to make do with some puppy training for my ESS.
All the best to everyone of you happy insomniacts :)

Fred

Well unless I am out with a gun I am not an early riser. My charges don't rise until about 09:00 and one does not retire until well past midnight so................

Anyway as far as we are concerned today is just another day. The calendar changes but as it does that everyday the only thing special is that we begin a new calendar today and that's it. it's a dark grey ole morning here. We had fog again last night.

Hello Milly,
Are you with the Kent Wildfowlers by any chance? I was a member of them when I lived in Deal-Walmer.
Regards
Martin

Hi Martin, I am not a member of the KWA but do love it down on the Marsh. Get the odd invite to shoot out on Sheppey though. When I get more spare time, retire, I will be tempted to join KWA.

Regards
Fred

Hello Milly,
Are you with the Kent Wildfowlers by any chance? I was a member of them when I lived in Deal-Walmer.
Regards
Martin

Early risers

Hi
Im 4 hours ahead of the uk, when i post the site uses uk time and it looks as if I was posting at four in the morning.
Ive noticed that one or two people are shift workers, guess they login when at work.
Im sure that the full cross section of the public are represented on here
May be the odd burgler logs on after finishing work.
Regards
TH

Blimey Truffle Hunter! I know us Southerners see the North as a foriegn place. Never thought that the North Yorks time zone was 4 hours ahead of the rest of the UK though
:-b

Fred

Hi
Im 4 hours ahead of the uk, when i post the site uses uk time and it looks as if I was posting at four in the morning.
Ive noticed that one or two people are shift workers, guess they login when at work.
Im sure that the full cross section of the public are represented on here
May be the odd burgler logs on after finishing work.
Regards
TH

Blimey Truffle Hunter! I know us Southerners see the North as a foriegn place. Never thought that the North Yorks time zone was 4 hours ahead of the rest of the UK though

Fred
I always thought they were a few years behind over there :D

Nice comment from Cheshire where they are still burning missionaries !!

Sorry Si.

Brianm

That's ok Brian, it's a good position to be in :D.... as it happens I'm just off out with an oily rag wrapped around a stick.

I almost married a girl from Yorkshire, I asked her to keep the house clean, dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry washed, and hot meals on the table for every meal. the first day I didn't see anything, the second day I didn't see anything but by the third day, some of the swelling had gone down
And I could see a little out of my left eye, and my arm was healed enough that I could fix myself a sandwich and load the dishwasher. I still have Some difficulty when I pee.

Nothing like a bit of trans-pennine banter.

Fred

I worked in Nigeria with a guy from Iceland who was convinced that England and Scotland were in different time zones. (posting at 2240 local, GMT 1740)

Nice comment from Cheshire where they are still burning missionaries !!

Sorry Si.

Hi All
I am a missionary from the north all the way down here in wiltshire when i am finished with this lot down here i can come up and give it a go in Cheshire but i may be a while, i have been here 24 yrs.They have a saying down ere "you caaan't educate pork" and so far they have been right
Happy New Year
Geordie

Back