Thread: News for 260 Rem fans - Lapua brass

Nice. I will have to get some as soon as it appears.

I have been using necked up Lapua and Norma 243 Brass. It scares me shitless that one of my 243 shooting buddies might get one of my rounds mixed up and fired in a 243....
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

I'm not sure it would chamber far enough in to get the bolt closed? The neck would be too big to fit the throat surely?

Maybe it's worth knocking up a round with an old case with no primer and trying it? Could well put your mind at rest.

but what would happen the other way? If a .243 round went through a .260 or 7mm-o8 wouldn't it bang around and fly all over the place?

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    Good News JCS

B U T ..... I wonder if and when we will see any in UK and at what cost? I am thinking that all initial production will go Stateside as that is surely the market it is being produced for, and we in the 'Special Relationship' will wait for ever.

On a brighter note, the Nosler Custom Brass is excellent in my experience, it is available in UK, and I would not bet that the Lapua product will be much less expensive, or perhaps I am wrong as usual?

HNY to you also

P

Pants, I just bought 100 Nosler Customs
    I'd hope it does come in cheaper and in line with the .243 or better, .308 pricing points...

Quote Originally Posted by Milligan View Post
    Pants, I just bought 100 Nosler Customs
    I'd hope it does come in cheaper and in line with the .243 or better, .308 pricing points...
    Nosler Customs work great in mine.. best option that I ve found , stick with them and wait for the Lapua promise to materialise.

Best

P