Thread: Seeking opinions please

Seeking opinions please

Hi all,

Happy new year to one and all and compliments of the season.

Ok, just picked up my Christmas present to me a Sako 85 varmint laminated stainless .223 with 20" barrel and a 12" twist which completes my cabinets version of the "Sako Quad"

I have an Ase Utra Northstar on the .243 which, I have to say I'm more than happy with and would use one on the .308 if I ever get it screw cut. Now, my quandary is what suppressor to put on this new one? Want to keep the whole thing nice and short as it makes for an easy life in the truck with regards to maneuverability so am swinging towards Ase S5 or Ase Jet compact.

Any opinions please especially if you have one of the same, or very similar set up. And of course both thoughts and experiences of the two that I'm considering.

Thanx in advance to those that may read this and take the time to offer their opinion.

Warmest regards,
    mickey308

Why not stick with a north star? i have a north star on my x bolt, & a Ase jet compact on my remmy, The compact adds more lenght to the rifle than the north star, so if you want to keep it short, the north star would be better, As for the s5 i cant comment as i dont have one,

atb
    Andrew

Hi Micky
    Why not use the mod off your 243 instead of spending extra money.I have a north star on my remmy 243 and also use it on my cz 222 with no problems
    Geordie

Quote Originally Posted by geordieh View Post
    Hi Micky
    Why not use the mod off your 243 instead of spending extra money.I have a north star on my remmy 243 and also use it on my cz 222 with no problems
    Geordie
    +1

Worth noting the Northstars come in .25 and .30, obviously you can't use the .25 on a .308... I use a .25 on my .223 though.

Hi Guy's,

The thread on the .243 is 1/2" UNF as opposed to M18x1 on the .223, could get the 85 re-cut I know. The Northstar, as Iv'e said is fantastic but it sure is a tight fit going down over the 85's varmint barrel, call me a "Fuss pot" if you like but, on and off, on and off would soon shine up the stainless, but there again if someone were able to recommend a very competent engineer close to Guildford that could hone one out a little then another Northstar would be a very much viable contender.

Just for the size, weight and overall length added (4") as well as being .22 centerfire specific are the reasons behind considering the Jet CQBS.

Anyway guy's, thank you all for your time and input. I have a few weeks to decide before ordering 'cause I'm tapped right out at the moment. In any case, I'll let you know.

Regards,
    mickey308

The Jet CQB's are good as well; I've shot with a guy who had one on a sako 75 .222, there wasn't much difference in noise between that and my Northstar on my .223...