Thread: Forest AE

Forest AE

Hi all Happy New Year . I have some ground in betock 5000 acker that is borderd by the AE forest just wanderd what other species of deer other than roe and fallow are in that area .And whats the best attractors for fallow ??

Quote Originally Posted by biglad View Post
    Hi all Happy New Year . I have some ground in betock 5000 acker that is borderd by the AE forest just wanderd what other species of deer other than roe and fallow are in that area .And whats the best attractors for fallow ??
    Biglad

I live just down the road from Beattock if that is where you mean, roe and fallow is all you are likely to see although Norseman off here found a young red stagy not far from Ae, and over the years the odd red has been shot near to you. The Sika have not to my knowledge crossed the M74 motorway and the West coast mainline rail way.

ATB

Tahr

Biglad, there was a red stag shot not far from me in the borders, this is VERY VERY unusual never been heard of this far east,anyway word on the street is it came from the AE forest, so guessing there are reds in there

Nell

there are sika on the west side off the m way now. i ken a forwarder driver who was seeing 6 hinds evey morning up there

Regular Poster
    Hi Biglad! All the best for 2011, I have watched a red stag but havnt seen any sika in that area.

ATB Barry

Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    there are sika on the west side off the m way now. i ken a forwarder driver who was seeing 6 hinds evey morning up there
    I will keep my eye out for them, always thought the Sika would do well if they got on the west side of the 74, roughly how far north was these seen, PM me if you like.

ATB

Tahr

Hi barry all the best to you . if you whant a stalk any time over at beattock you are more than wellcom any time mate its my own permission not a syndicate. just give us a bell.. the same to you Tahr any time you fancy a trip give us a pm you are welcom mate. How far from ther do you live ?

Feck me the Ae forest
    now that brings back memories
    if not mistaken it has network of 26 miles of roadway to get lost on
    can't remember ever seeing any reds in there at the time , but it was a while back and I was not that much of a stalker in those days
    did see plenty of Roe thou

Quote Originally Posted by stone View Post
    Feck me the Ae forest
    now that brings back memories
    if not mistaken it has network of 26 miles of roadway to get lost on
    can't remember ever seeing any reds in there at the time , but it was a while back and I was not that much of a stalker in those days
    did see plenty of Roe thou
    Stone its not in the forest but my ground is borderd by three sides of it with a lot of open moorland...Neil