Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: price for roe bucks

price for roe bucks

just an enquiry - what would be a fair price for a day's roebuck stalking? no trophy fees. as i have a bit of ground and was thinking of leasing some of the bucks out to help pay for the lease. gthanks in advance.

Amanda,

will the stalker be allowed to keep the carcass,
    will it be accompanied stalking,
    will it be high seats or walk n stalk,
    will you charge per beast or day,
    do you intend, if no carcass is involved for stalker, to charge for so called meat damage,
    will you be charging per am/pm if your using day rates.

do you want the stalker to be insured
    do you want the stalker to have L1/L2

best wishes in your venture
    if its reasonable cheap and with decent terms i assure you that you will fill your spaces fast

f,

60-90 for the stalk. 50-70 for a shot on a cull buck. Buy the carcass at game dealer rates. No charge for witnessing if you do it. All my stalking is paid stalking and those are prices I'd consider reasonable to pay.

I would say 60-75 quid per stalk is reasonable. I personally find a cull fee for either bucks or does insulting. Charge for the venison at gamedealer rates about a 1 per pound. I would keep it simple and as Frank says you will get plenty of interset.

wadas

Quote Originally Posted by ferretmanabu View Post
    60-90 for the stalk. 50-70 for a shot on a cull buck. Buy the carcass at game dealer rates. No charge for witnessing if you do it. All my stalking is paid stalking and those are prices I'd consider reasonable to pay.
    So you'd pay 180 for a cull buck?!....you're obviously better off than me!

Amanda keep it simple 70 - 80 per stalk cull bucks min two stalks Venison @ Gamedealers prices

ATB
    Paul Dillon

I paid 50 per stalk and no trophy fees for any buck. The stalker sold us the carcass for 25. That was 20 months ago in the borders from an advert on this site.

You can charge anything from zero or a bottle of whiskey up to 200 an outing and you will probably have takers but one thing is for certain, the more you charge, the more people expect. I would rather charge someone 50 and have a good craic with them, enjoy their company, go for breakfast and probably end up as mates than charge over the top and find that stalking for them is a chore. As the other lads have said, keep it simple. One word of caution, if this is your first dabble into comercial stalking, be careful, it can take the enjoyment out of it for everyone. With the best will in the world, money changing hands brings out the worst in people. JC

Quote Originally Posted by JC275 View Post
    You can charge anything from zero or a bottle of whiskey up to 200 an outing and you will probably have takers but one thing is for certain, the more you charge, the more people expect. I would rather charge someone 50 and have a good craic with them, enjoy their company, go for breakfast and probably end up as mates than charge over the top and find that stalking for them is a chore. As the other lads have said, keep it simple. One word of caution, if this is your first dabble into comercial stalking, be careful, it can take the enjoyment out of it for everyone. With the best will in the world, money changing hands brings out the worst in people. JC
    this is some very good advice and probley the reason why i wouldnt want to take out a payed client, i'm lucky enough to have some good roe ground which produces some very god heads and i must admit i would like to do exactly what your wanting to to do basically to make myself a couple of quid and help cover my stalking costs but to be honest i dont want to attract the wrong sort of people on to my ground but would also love early to take out someone whom doesnt earn alot of money cant afford to stalk many bucks cerntainly not decent one's and get them stuck into a medal animal for very little money but i know it doesnt work like that hence i've never done it, plus i dont know if my experience warrent me taking clients out to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    Amanda,

do you want the stalker to be insured

f,
    Most insurances will be invalid as soon as money changes hands.
    It is up to you to insure yourself and the client.
    You will have to sell a few days to pay for the insurance then.
    Many who offer cheap stalking do not realise the insurance isn't worth a jot.
    I still like clients to carry insurance. But thats a personal thing that I feel anyone using a firearm should carry insurance.
    My own company insurance covers them and me.
    Regards John