Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DSC1 booked.....just need to swot up and get a date now...

DSC1 booked.....just need to swot up and get a date now...

Just thought i would post up in advance to let people know i have booked my DSC1. Due to my circumstances i have had to do the day course...assessment only, and although i will miss the extra learning and company of others i cannot be away for too long.

It is with John Bridges up at Colne, date still to be set but thinks February or March.

time to dust off the manual and best practice guide and get my head stuck in...will keep everyone updated!

atb

hi TokaS,
    i done the whole course a couple of years ago and from the date of me booking to going was only a week!
    i was in a blind panic of revision all week and when i finally got there it was fine and i think with the revision i had done i could have just done the assesment.

you could down load the bank of questions that are used in the assesment, i think it was the BDS wed site?? or maybe the DSC site?? it's 200 questions in all and they pick 50 out of that. i dont know if this is still the case?

good luck anyway
    cheers SS

hi tokaS if john bridges does the dsc1 if possible could you pm me his detail as i would like to do mine

mark

toka

Bit of advise, i did the assesment only aswell (and passed), Buy a training cd/dvd that mike sells from jelen deer services thats all you will need and your walk it mate.

ATB
    Dave

hi...thanks for that, just had a look on the Jeden website but cant find it listed. will email them....can you remember what it was called and an apx cost?

thanks again, every little bit helps...especially my confidence regarding exams...lol

atb

Quote Originally Posted by TokaS View Post
    hi...thanks for that, just had a look on the Jeden website but cant find it listed. will email them....can you remember what it was called and an apx cost?

thanks again, every little bit helps...especially my confidence regarding exams...lol

atb
    Hi There,
    i got my copy from ebay its called
    Jelen Deer Services DSC Level 1 Training Aid
    i believe it was about 20 ish
    i spent a few nights before my level 1 flicking through it and passed no probs!!

Godd Luck
    all the best
    Daniel

many thanks.....wanst aware of this, just bought it via ebay....hope it helps...lol

atb

You will enjoy it mate.............I always think exams arn't that hard to study for if you enjoy and are interested in what your reading. I will be worth the effort.

Just been told April 3rd for the DSC1. Been swotting up, questions and general reading...all ok but dates fuddle my head a bit....sure repetition will sort it out. Using Jelen disc and find it really helpfull!

atb

Browning A-Bolt Medalion .243 Doctor Optics 8x56 T4 Mod
    CZ Varmint .17HMR + 6.5-20x56 + Wildcat Mod
    CZ American .22lr + 3-9x56 + Mod
    Baikal 12g single ejector

Just applied for my variation, spoke to the firearms team here and had a chat about it, they have assured me that if i find a different caliber, so long as it isnt too disimilar they dont think there would be a problem with a variation and it could be done quickly. i have asked for .243 + moderator, but want to keep my options open in case a 6.5x55 turns up. think the 243 would suit me better, but still undecided, as i will be directed mainly by cost i dont want to limit my chice by sticking ridgidly to the 243. there look to have been some bargains in 308 and 6.5x55 on here recently...lol.
    i have asked for Deer and any other legal quarry to cover fox and rabbit if we come across one etc
    i will have to speak to the feo about a mentor, as there arent many folk about here to mentor me and i feel that i have done the DSC1 think [at least by april i will have] and hope they will waive the mentor thing as the deer and fox on my local permission are seen about as often as each other during the daylight hours...
    i was hoping to go PH but the stock issue might prove difficult...i do like the cz/brno 601 as well, but i wont pass up any rifle without looking into it...if i can get the equipment at a reasonable price i might be able to get a stalk with one of those offering their service off here!!
    ...finally feel as if i am getting somewhere...!!

atb

Browning A-Bolt Medalion .243 Doctor Optics 8x56 T4 Mod
    CZ Varmint .17HMR + 6.5-20x56 + Wildcat Mod
    CZ American .22lr + 3-9x56 + Mod
    Baikal 12g single ejector