Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: long time

long time

my renewal has been in now for some 7weeks the ticket ran out on the 20/12/10 phoned them but no return call as yet,i've had the police interview.
    im i ok to use the rifles as the landowner as called about deer numbers is words not mine threes ok 5 two many on the the large field in front of the farm.

So you're basically in possession of firearms without a valid FAC.....is it ok to use them? I think not! You need to speak to the Police ASAP. JC

I had just the same thing before christmas, spoke to FLO as i was concerned, he told me not to worry as they had got the paper work. He said they were very busy, plus a big back of paper work. He said it was their fault not mine so just carry on as normal. Thankfully I did not need any ammo while I was waiting.
    Ps this warwickshire.

Atb

Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by nick100 View Post
    I had just the same thing before christmas, spoke to FLO as i was concerned, he told me not to worry as they had got the paper work. He said they were very busy, plus a big back of paper work. He said it was their fault not mine so just carry on as normal. Thankfully I did not need any ammo while I was waiting.
    Ps this warwickshire.

Atb

Nick.
    Thats why they have section seven temporary permits. If your contact at the Firearms dept is happy for you to be in possession of your firearms without a valid certificate then the very least they can do is put this in writing, having said that, if they are going to take the time to write a letter they may as well just process your renewal.
    JC

spoke to the police today the women was unsure but said no you can't because you have no licence do you,i did'net want to push it any more, but she added it will be with me by the end of the week.
    so is she saying im breaking the law ,being in possession of firearms with out a licence whats the difference if i go out or not.

tolley,

I will ask you one question which has two parts,

Are you in possession of a legal Fac or Are you in possession of a temporary issue Fac

if you have neither your are not legally allowed to hold in your possession a firearm....
    Thats not a grey area its black and white mate.

if you dont have the Fac by its lapse date your guns will have to be put in to a rfd mate.

f.

If your certificate expired on 20/12/10 and you still have the rifles in your cabinet AND full access to them then you shouldn't. Furthermore and more concerning is the fact that your issuing force are aware of the situation and have done nothing to prevent your access to them while you have no valid certificate. While I can appreciate what this female has told you regarding your certificate being with you by the end of the week and it most likely being dated as valid some time before you get it, there will have been a period between 20/12/10 and the date it was reissued that you did not have a valid certificate,even it is back dated from today for arguments sake then up until today there was no valid certificate to cover you.Another problem you would have had since 20/12/10 is that if you had transported them to an RFD you would have had no certificate authorising you to do so and any RFD would have raised questions of your possession.

I had the same thing happen in Kent when the firearms license computerised system came into being. They had an estimated back log of ten weeks. That left me with no certificate for several weeks. I was told "Use as normal..We have your paperwork in hand". Knowing the law, I was not happy with the answer, especially as like many others on this site, the majority of my shooting was taking place outside the juristiction of the issueing authority.

Things have been dealt with faily quickly since then. Hope the police budget cuts do not hit the firearms department too hard, or we will be back to the bad old days of waiting many weeks for grant, renewal and variations.

Fred

Picture this....man ends up in court for illegal possession of firearms, his defense is some person on the end of a phone told me it was ok as it was there error....now then after the judge has got back off the floor from laughing what do you think will happen.

Remeber one persons view "it our error" could be someone elses "you have the right to remain.....o and kiss your FAC goodbye as well"

Ask for a section 7, if you call BASC thats what they will tell you

If I were you, I would be pitching up at the firearms dept first thing tomorrow morning, highlight the issue to them and leave 30mins later with the temporary cover until your renewal arrives. I would also highlight that the 7 weeks they have had to process places the ball squarely at their feet although I cannot imagine a resistance to this request.