Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: reduced loads for 7mm 08

reduced loads for 7mm 08

hi guys
    was just wondering if anyone on here had tried any reduced loads through a 7mm 08 for the smaller species of deer. my feo has asked me for my intended load before allowing me to use a 7mm 08 on my roe ground
    atb
    smudge

Ahh, That sounds like Fife firearms licensing!

Make sure the info you do give them is deer legal.

Having had a look on the Hodgdons website, I seem to recall H4895 is a powder you can reduce., however, please confirm this with other site members, as I have been running my loads full fat, as it makes no difference to roe!

I would tell him to get knotted.

It is an irrelevant question and not mandatory for you to provide such information whatsoever. They are making up the rules themsleves (yet again).

Contest it and if you come up against resistance, then inform them you are going to lodge a formal complaint via the official grievance procedure if they do not grant authority to posess by return.

What a load of complete BS!
    Last edited by jon2; 05-01-2011 at 17:57.

im with jon2. Whos he to decide what is suitable and unsuitable for deer. A 7mm08 round loaded hot will kill just as well loaded slow. I would be speaking to BASC. Unless people stand up to these stupid requests, they will continue to invent stupid rules. Its our tax money that is paying them, lets make sure theyre doing an efficient job following the LAW not some idiot.

How about some of those who reply with gusto, joining together, & making some noises????, I'll go on any list!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

i went in to the office today to see them and got chatting to another feo who told me that i would not get a 7mm on my ground as it had a much higher velocity than my 243 and reducing loads was dangereous as if you go to far the bullet could jam in the barrel !! i didnt say anything i just walked out !!!

And people are always "amazed" that Americans object so vigorously to "gun control" laws...

It isn't because we have no regard for safety, it's because we KNOW from whence tyranny derives - petty, ignorant, small-minded, little tyrants.

Regards,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by smudge262 View Post
    i went in to the office today to see them and got chatting to another feo who told me that i would not get a 7mm on my ground as it had a much higher velocity than my 243 and reducing loads was dangereous as if you go to far the bullet could jam in the barrel !! i didnt say anything i just walked out !!!
    Demand their refusal in writing. It always amazes me that these idiots can even function in a modern world with their lack of intelligence .

Ask him how a reduced load will change your choice of a safe backstop and what the effects of decreasing velocity are on the post impact frangible properties of a bullet. Then ask him is that is fact or his opinion and also has he read the guidance because it's there to stop people making **** up like that.

He might get upset but you'll feel great.

may i add that the female feo i spoke with today recently asked a local gunshop to dispose of a .22 magazine for her ! when she arrived at the shop she handed over a 243 magazine (which apparently clearly stared 243 brno on it ) ! the gunshop owner told her it was a 243 and she argued !! she knew what she was talking about