Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: game license in scotland

game license in scotland

is there still a need for a game license in Scotland, hoping to travel across from n. ireland in a few weeks for a shot at a few birds

I know my local PO still has them on sale

Do you think they would still sell them on false pretences.?

Saying that for the price of 6 quid i would'nt worry.

Rgds Uncle Buck.

I think deer are not classed as game anyway. You can shoot deer on a sunday but not 'game animals' ?? Thoughts?

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    I think deer are not classed as game anyway. You can shoot deer on a sunday but not 'game animals' ?? Thoughts?
    Hadn't thought of that in the past................I only ever got one for the Deer initially, but shoot the occasional Goose now and again.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    He said Birds Paul
    and as far as i am aware you still need a game licience

I had to get one last year to cover me this year and I havent heard that they are no longer required

tut! you know what I mean

You will need one for Scotland fella.Hopefully this will be the last season for one but not sure.

Cowcheif

I would have thought that your shooting host would have stipulated the requirement of a game licence if it was essential. They are availiable from the post office if you wish for 6 and cover GB, NI.

Tunskeen

U don't need a game licence to shoot geese/duck as wildfowl (althou the police were wrongly stopping people start of last season going onto the foreshore)
    It is only for GAME so i persume pheas/partridge and grouse (jist looked at mine and doesn't list the quarry species) not sure if u need it for waders (snipe, plover.woodcock)
    Deer are slighly different (and i'm not going to get involved in the enclosed land debate) but the commision want to see them to be a syndicate member
    Alot off folk that should have them don't but watch it doesn't invalidate ur insurance, the SGA policy states along the bottom u must have it to be insured.
    Any doubt phone ur organisation that's wot u payur subs for