Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: professional stalkers, what is the best excuse you have heard for a client missing?

professional stalkers, what is the best excuse you have heard for a client missing?

You must have heard some crackers. eg
    loose scope, faulty ammo, not my rifle, forgot my medication for tremors etc

Rodkayak , i have never been out stalking with a professional stalker .The only excuse i can offer myself when i do miss is i didn,t point the barrell in the right place! FACT!

Not a professional stalker, but I do play golf, so I am an expert on excuses

All I can say is, 'don't blame the equipment'.....it just hurts your self esteem

I didnt mean to pull the trigger i didnt even have my scope cover up yet and he was right his scope cover was in the process of being lifted when he shot at a nice buck.

Ps the bullet hit the ground about 3 feet in front of him but hey lesson learned.

"The stags in the rut have dark coats, I'm not used to that"

"I know you said it was 80m but I thought it was a longer 80m , so aimed above it!"

The best excuse/reason given to me was not stalking , but when someone shot me on a driven grouse day , I was shooting in the butt 1 up from him and he said, "you changed your jacket at lunchtime!, I didn't recognise you!!!!!!"

The Fact that I had changed from a Green Deerhunter Jacket to a Green Musto at lunchtime was good enough reason to get 14 pellets in the face!!!!!!!, he is off the x-mas card list!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bambislayer View Post
    "The stags in the rut have dark coats, I'm not used to that"

"I know you said it was 80m but I thought it was a longer 80m , so aimed above it!"

The best excuse/reason given to me was not stalking , but when someone shot me on a driven grouse day , I was shooting in the butt 1 up from him and he said, "you changed your jacket at lunchtime!, I didn't recognise you!!!!!!"

The Fact that I had changed from a Green Deerhunter Jacket to a Green Musto at lunchtime was good enough reason to get 14 pellets in the face!!!!!!!, he is off the x-mas card list!!!!!!!!!!!
    Surely you cannot blame the guy, you 'did' change your jacket..suss...

I know of someone who shot a goat that was tied to a pole in a forested area...thought it was a buck - DOH! Owner was apparently FURIOUS!

I know a chap who asked me when roe deer tur in to red deer and he ment it.PS this man had a 308 for deerstalking.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    I know a chap who asked me when roe deer tur in to red deer and he ment it.PS this man had a 308 for deerstalking.
    does that mean they dont

Account Suspended
    Dont panic the English and Scottish roe dont but the Irish ones do at about 4 years old

Hi Guys,

Actual Excuses!

"****! ......... I don't know what happened. Everything was perfect, I was smack on target, but the deer just didn't get in the way of the bullet!

and when another client was asked why he thinks he missed, the answer was:

"That's the way I've always done it!

Regards,

Mike