New BDS Shop

Frax

Hmm, not sure what I think about the new BDS shop. On the one hand I think it's a great way for them to raise funds and also offer a service to their members - who may feel almost duty bound to buy from them. On the other hand, it's inevitably going hit (to some extent) small traders (like myself) who rely on sales of this kind of kit for some or all of their living. Please discuss.

You could say the same for every like for like trader. The unfortunate thing about the BDS for you is they are more publicised than you.

I don't know about anyone elso out there but I only buy equipment after searching for a good couple of weeks before buying it to ensure I get the best deal I can find at that time. ie. Swarovski EL's 10x42 for a bargain, pays to shop around......Less than half price, and these were brand new.

I am sure if your prices are compedative enough you should be OK, I also now tend to buy from smaller outlets than large outlets ie SGC as you tend to get a better deal (less overheads) and the service is more personal.....

Maby I have just been lucky.

Had a quick look!! No prices on any of the rifle I wanted/was thinking about...not going there then!! Those scales, well I bought a pair of ebay for less than 8.00. New!!! High seats seem a little deer(excuse pun.) Guess I just like to use people that will publish a price.

I think the 3rd party running the shop is Reeves.

Not sure what the BDS are up to here. For a deer welfare society they seem to be tipping more than usual towards the stalking market.

Frax said:
Hmm, not sure what I think about the new BDS shop. On the one hand I think it's a great way for them to raise funds and also offer a service to their members - who may feel almost duty bound to buy from them. On the other hand, it's inevitably going hit (to some extent) small traders (like myself) who rely on sales of this kind of kit for some or all of their living. Please discuss.

It`s the old,old story of the supermarket pushing the little trader out. Me personally?? i`d still rather buy from the little man as you get that personal touch, to the little man, i`m John, not, sir or just another customer. As for "duty bound"? it`s my hard earned, i`ll choose where i`ll spend it.
In Exeter, where my "little man" is, there`s a big gun shop opened up. They don`t want to know about you or your repairs, they just want to sell you a new gun.
Although i fear that price will force the small concerns out of the trade, my conscience will always be clear.
basil.

Hi Basil,

Is your little man the one oppisite a small Tesco,s on a very busy route into the city?

Haveing looked into the shop it appears to be run by www.reevesuk.com Reeves Deer Management.
I've been paying a lot of money to advertize in the Deer magazine, as you can guess I'm gutted, and will not be advertizing there again.

sorry muntiacus
tho you may not like what the BDS hav done, you still felt it nessecary to advertise simon :lol: :lol:

Black Wolf Supplies, Nick's my name. Just been playing a silly game on face book so much happier now.
Moan over, life goes on :D

Most things a stalker would use, but we're not RFD so no guns or ammo, but clothing, knives, optics (zeiss) ect,
We try hard to be competitive and offer a genuine service :D

Happy to give the small holders a shout , Quality and fast service , name of the game. I used EBay to gather up my stuff ! got personalized bolt holders slings , etc from an excellent dealer , no connection no percentage just a good honest dealer. Sometimes hard to find , because I have had some "PAP" MASQUERADING AS THE REAL McCoy, especially Scopes and Slips . Try oldstaff leathers on e bay they deliver some good stuff (reviewed my comments and I quote Dogs Bollocks) language Timothy.
Trapper out. Ps BLACK WOLF POST YOUR SHOP SO WE CAN HAVE A GANDERXX

Back