Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunsmith in south wales

Gunsmith in south wales

Hi all,

Does any body know of the closest gunsmith / engineer in south wales who will make custom mounts.

Cheers
    Swisher44
    David

hi mate,
    not sure if David in Neath gun shop would do something like that?
    have you tried keen's, litts or Country sports in Kenfig?
    if not i know Andy @ UK Custom shop will do that but he's up by Droitwich!
    there's also a new gun shop open in swansea, not quite sure of the name, but i'll look for it!

cheers
    Andrew

Swisher what work do you want done exactly? As far as I know the three gunshops in South Wales mentioned by sika seeker are exactly that gunshops and not gunsmiths! They may be able to put you in contact with a gunsmith or direct you further a field, there being a couple of known repute in the south west. There is also Adrian Cook based in Newport who used to be a very accomplished pistolsmith but I don't know if he now does work on rifles. Adrian is a registered firearms dealer and his contact details are available on the RUAG website as he stocks RWS ammunition.

I been doing a bit of research on mounting my kite night vision on my riflle and have tried one or two rails but with this scope there is not much space for the bolt when in use. Also the scope needs to be set back so I need some custom mounts made and possibly a custom bolt.

So what type of rail are you looking for - picittiny perhaps? Also what rifle do you want to mount the scope on?

Hi 8x57 and that you for your imput, Yes I need picttiny rail and the rifle is a .243 zoli bavarian. I got a friend that has the same scope and he needed custom mount and his bolt had to be bent a little.

Thanks david

Have you looked at the Leupold website because Leupold make some mounts to fit Zoli rifles. Another company that definately produces a suitable mount is www.recknagel.de for which Alan Rhone is the british importer, or Apel but neither of these will be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by swisher44 View Post
    Hi all,

Does any body know of the closest gunsmith / engineer in south wales who will make custom mounts.

Cheers
    Swisher44
    David
    Have you tried Vince in Church Village? Bloody good gun smith and he also uses a maxi kite on one of his rifles. If you still need to contact a gun smith let me know and I'll pm his number.

Ade

Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    Have you tried Vince in Church Village? Bloody good gun smith and he also uses a maxi kite on one of his rifles. If you still need to contact a gun smith let me know and I'll pm his number.

Ade
    I'll second that, top bloke.

Lets have his details please, where is this shop in Church Village - always handy to know.