Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of the box sub-MOA at 1000yds (Not a typo)

Established Poster

Thumbs up Out of the box sub-MOA at 1000yds (Not a typo)

Looking to lighten your pocketbook and put down deer before they hear the shot? Get two birds stoned at once with the new Best of The West Signature Series rifle. Advertised as sub-MOA at 1000yds out of the box.

This show is unreal; national champions making ridiculously long shots in the field . Here's a clip of an elk taken at 925 yards.

Oh no not again,that ain't stalking,nice looking rifle like,expensive too

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

**** this is got to be the wrong site for that crap.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Sub MOA at 1000yds = sub MOA at 100yds. Most manufacturers will claim that accuracy with factory loads anyway

So sub MOA at 1000yds is saying that he gets less than a 10" group at 1000yds, not that good for shooting live animals.

As has been said, not for this site, would rather watch him stalk up to within 100-150 yds with some relative skill and then take the shot with his "Sub MOA rifle"

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Account Suspended
    As David said its got to be wrong site for that crap.

Any arsehole who thinks that its acceptable to slot deer of any species at those kind of ranges is a complete and utter idiot, and most definitely has no respect for is quarry.
    Lets not go into this again please

you beat me to it Stu, typical sales talk to the uninformed,.............. numpties!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Regular Poster
    "Stalking Directory" NOT the place for this kind of shooting AT ALL!!!

Come back when you can stalk!!.

OR want to learn how to!!

Barry
    Last edited by barry thom; 08-01-2011 at 09:12. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by barry thom View Post
    "Stalking Directory" NOT the place for this kind of shooting AT ALL!!!

Come back when you can stalk!!.

OR want to learn how to!!

Barry
    Before we all get to feeling too superior and overly critical. We need to realise that thousands of deer are harvested at 300yds+ all over the world every year. In some situations if you don't shoot them at 300yds+ you don't shoot them at all. Thousands of deer are harvested with muzzle loaders and shotguns, all around the world, again something else we get mighty sniffy about here in the UK.

Is either activity deer stalking? Thats not for me to dictate. What I do know is its definitely Deer Hunting. which is something I'm interested in learning about. Regardless of whether I would choose to shoot a bull elk at 925 yrds or not.

How you set about walking the tightrope of ethics and morals is a whole different subject matter.IMO

Quote Originally Posted by tartinjock View Post
    Sub MOA at 1000yds = sub MOA at 100yds. Most manufacturers will claim that accuracy with factory loads anyway

So sub MOA at 1000yds is saying that he gets less than a 10" group at 1000yds, not that good for shooting live animals.

As has been said, not for this site, would rather watch him stalk up to within 100-150 yds with some relative skill and then take the shot with his "Sub MOA rifle"

TJ
    A MOA performance of 10" or less is perfectly adequate for harvesting bull elk who have an engine room the size of a large dinner plate. So the rifle in question is up to the task. What is the critical factor is the nut behind the butt. Anyone can dial up for distance, only the very skilled can adjust for the wind and get it first time, every time.

I think the main thrust of not wanting this type of hunting, depicted in this site, is because it does not fit the template of "Stalking " deer in the UK, I have no problem personally with distance shooting, as long as those distances are within the capabilities/skills of the operator............ A lot of people new to the sport, come here to learn & pass on their own experiences also, a video showing stuff that is not fitting with the aims of UK stalking, will inevitably cause some friction, as the saying goes , first impressions are usually the ones that take root, so I would not want this type of hunting to be the sort linked with "Stalking".
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!