Thread: Realtree Camo used for Sika deer stalking/calling.

Realtree Camo used for Sika deer stalking/calling.

Hi, Guys - I think most of you will agree that Sika stag stalking or calling is the most demanding of all. Sika are extremely cautious and cunning. Calling them can be a hit or miss affair, but when they do come out you need to be very well hidden or they will diaappear fast. The best gear I have found for this is realtree camo in hardwoods green - see for yourself with the attached pics. Bill.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    I have Deerhunter Reel Tree kit, I rate it highly.

Very easy to blend in, I have had walkers pass within 5m of me and have not seen me. I think Army DPM would have stood out.....

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

An interesting section on disruptive pattern camouflage can be seen here, List of camouflage patterns - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I had a look at your link Steve but couldn't see anything. Is it working?

Your pics show how good it can be Monarch. However your surroundings blend well with the camo, not everywhere does. I have tried some that stick out like a sore thumb others are very good. Military DPM has stood the test of time and a good pair of tweeds can be good. Depends where you are. I remember the time there was no non military type camo, and we managed pretty well!

How did you get the rifle to float in mid air like that?
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    I had a look at your link Steve but couldn't see anything. Is it working?
    Link seems ok to my browser Mike, if you search on google for camouflage patterns it will take you to the Wiki encyclopeadia site , on there is an exhaustive list of cammo links, just pick one & google it, some real good schemes from around the world.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by old keeper View Post
    Your pics show how good it can be Monarch. However your surroundings blend well with the camo, not everywhere does. I have tried some that stick out like a sore thumb others are very good. Military DPM has stood the test of time and a good pair of tweeds can be good. Depends where you are. I remember the time there was no non military type camo, and we managed pretty well!

Hi, oldkeeper - I think I have used pretty much every type of clothing in my career, from tweeds to kilts!. I still find that camo is the best, but as you say you have to pick the cloth to match the surroundings. I have several patterns and colours for most situations, this one fits in with the rocky woodland very well.