Thread: You can chose your friends......

You can chose your friends......

But family are often tossers. Just got back from stalking hols in sutherland and I took the family! (kids and wife) The first thing to do was rip up half the carpet in the kitchen where the dogs sleep. The dogs are spot on mind usually and all you need to do if you're looking after them is the standard three outs and feeds and they hardly ever have accidents. I asked a mate to look after them for the first few days and a couple of family members to look after them for the last coule of days and I know my mate is sound with my dogs because he drops a text or gives a call every visit for piece of mind and he's looked after them before. There was fresh **** stains all over the carpet when we got home and over the tray in the young bitch's cage. The young bitch stays in a cage when not out seporate from the older dog and the tossers left her out to run about after she crapped in her cage and hardly cared for them. That great, what's the point in having family when they're actually a hassle and can't be trusted with simple but important jobs. I feel really bad because we all care about our dogs and they deserved better. I'm going to be really popular when I drop round to see them later.
    Last edited by Paul at Fechan; 08-01-2011 at 17:20.

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    But family are often tossers. Just got back from stalking hols in sutherland and I took the family! (kids and wife) The first thing to do was rip up half the carpet in the kitchen where the dogs sleep. The dogs are spot on mind usually and all you need to do if you're looking after them is the standard three outs and feeds and they hardly ever have accidents. I asked a mate to look after them for the first few days and a couple of family members to look after them for the last coule of days and I know my mate is sound with my dogs because he drops a text or gives a call every visit for piece of mind and he's looked after them before. There was fresh **** stains all over the carpet when we got home and over the tray in the young bitch's cage. The young bitch stays in a cage when not out seporate from the older dog and the tossers left her out to run about after she crapped in her cage and hardly cared for them. That great, what's the point in having family when they're actually a hassle and can't be trusted with simple but important jobs. I feel really bad because we all care about our dogs and they deserved better. I'm going to be really popular when I drop round to see them later.
    That took the shine off of the family holiday

Your dogs sound like my four, working dogs but part of the family and live in.

If Debs and I are away together without the dogs then they are kennelled as I dont trust anyone else and I always use the same kennels.
    The only problem for with that is I have to poison my dogs once a year or the kennels cant board them. They dont agree with the situation either but rules are rules.

When I built my house it was as much with the dogs in mind as us (how sad is that) and NO carpets anywhere downstairs so, the utility room, kitchen/diner
    to the lounge door is all terracotta tiled and the lounge is oak boarded. No dog smelly carpets(been there done that) and any accidennts are easily cleaned and no stains.

Your dogs will soon settle back to there routine now your home.

Good luck with the family

Its a shame when a decent dog is demeaned into dirtying it's own nest. The fact is that in some cases animals have more dignity than humans. I sympathise and hope your inter-family politics work out OK. (Which particular planet do you intend evicting them to, or is it somewhere a bit hot ? )
    Opinions often differ according to unknown circumstances.