Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ouch!!!!!

Ouch!!!!!

Well I decided to visit a certain type of doctor on Friday to go under the knife and prevent any future stevienicknacks offspring. Apart from the obvious pain over the weekend Im gutted because we are having some of the best weather we have had for a while. The week between Xmas and New year was a wash out due to the fog so got very little lamping done. Will be back at it next week if all heals up ok down below!! Its good to have your write-ups to keep me occupied. ATB Steve

I remember the op well!
    At the time i was working for BT climbing poles, my GP signed me off work stating i would need a wheel barrow to to carry them around in for a week before the swelling subsided.
    I'm sure childbirth pain can't in any way shape or form match what us guys have to go through!
    Cheers
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    I remember the op well!
    At the time i was working for BT climbing poles, my GP signed me off work stating i would need a wheel barrow to to carry them around in for a week before the swelling subsided.
    I'm sure childbirth pain can't in any way shape or form match what us guys have to go through!
    Cheers
    Richard
    Funny thats exactly what I said . Hoping to be back in on Monday but im pretty much desk based so not too bad. No way Id be climbing poles....The op has come a long way over the years but its still pretty painful.

Had it done 30 years ago went Private, went back to work next day .Good 40 well spent,hope all goes well

I must have had a top man on the job then!,..... rode the Yammy 400 next day!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Dont let your wife read the "childbirth statement". It will lead to great pain on your part and you may never need to worry about your nuts again!!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    I remember the op well!
    Cheers
    Richard

you are mental..... no way...

but then again... 4 kids

A guy I used to work with many years ago claimed that he was once erecting a steel framed building for a surgeon on his small holding. The snip was mentioned in discussion and the result wad a private consultation and the operation carried out shortly after on the kitchen table.

I figured the wife was used to the in and out of hospital stuff so just let her do the deed

A doctor in A & E at Midway teaching hospital, where I was helping to build a new incinerator / heat recovery station, told me, as he put the morphine into my inner thigh, that the pain I was going through was probably the nearest thing to that which the female of our species experiences during childbirth, (kidney stone, a big one!)
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!