Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electronic ear defenders ???

Electronic ear defenders ???

What they like for still being able to hear normal sounds??

As thinking about getting a pair but dont want to miss the sounds going on around me. i.e animals in bushes and trees

Get a pair that amplify ambient noise, you can hear more than usual and you dont have to lug a rifle plus mod around, affecting your rifle's balance

Recently discussed in the 'Top Tips' part of the forum:

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...-ear-defenders

El cheapo Silverline (3yr warranty) ones from Amazon could be a good way to try them out before springing for more expensive models, (if needed).

I have a pair of custom moulded ear plugs and they enable me to hear comments and range orders when on the range and they amplify natural sounds when in the field. I previously had a basic pair of stereo earmuffs and it was the performance they gave that gave me the confidence to have the plugs made.

Quote Originally Posted by longlowdog View Post
    I have a pair of custom moulded ear plugs and they enable me to hear comments and range orders when on the range and they amplify natural sounds when in the field. I previously had a basic pair of stereo earmuffs and it was the performance they gave that gave me the confidence to have the plugs made.
    +1 Puretone digital cens for me!

I bought a pair and could not believe what I had been missing. I now have hearing aids because I am 60% deaf wish I had baught a pair before really

Mark

Sordin Pro for me, the British military use these type, a bit expensive but the dog's kahunnas, i bought a pair a few years back awsome bit of kit, you can hear a mouse fart at 100mtrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    you can hear a mouse fart at 100mtrs.
    Very handy

Established Poster
    Like Von, I use MSA Sordin, best bits of kit, amplifies the sounds at various levels (which you can choose)......expensive but very, very good. I use mine for my shotgun shooting as well and no problems with cutting the noise to safe levels.

Excellent. I like them best for the chat you hear from girls out shooting. Ideally if it is a weekend party and there might be ongoing scandal discussed by girls nearby. An innocent face while listening to female sexual desires while shooting partidges in september sunshine is a great memory.......