Electronic ear defenders ???

bosun

What they like for still being able to hear normal sounds??

As thinking about getting a pair but dont want to miss the sounds going on around me. i.e animals in bushes and trees
wink.gif

Get a pair that amplify ambient noise, you can hear more than usual and you dont have to lug a rifle plus mod around, affecting your rifle's balance

I have a pair of custom moulded ear plugs and they enable me to hear comments and range orders when on the range and they amplify natural sounds when in the field. I previously had a basic pair of stereo earmuffs and it was the performance they gave that gave me the confidence to have the plugs made.

I have a pair of custom moulded ear plugs and they enable me to hear comments and range orders when on the range and they amplify natural sounds when in the field. I previously had a basic pair of stereo earmuffs and it was the performance they gave that gave me the confidence to have the plugs made.

+1 Puretone digital cens for me!

I bought a pair and could not believe what I had been missing. I now have hearing aids because I am 60% deaf wish I had baught a pair before really

Mark

Sordin Pro for me, the British military use these type, a bit expensive but the dog's kahunnas, i bought a pair a few years back awsome bit of kit, you can hear a mouse fart at 100mtrs.

Like Von, I use MSA Sordin, best bits of kit, amplifies the sounds at various levels (which you can choose)......expensive but very, very good. I use mine for my shotgun shooting as well and no problems with cutting the noise to safe levels.

Excellent. I like them best for the chat you hear from girls out shooting. Ideally if it is a weekend party and there might be ongoing scandal discussed by girls nearby. An innocent face while listening to female sexual desires while shooting partidges in september sunshine is a great memory.......

Excellent. I like them best for the chat you hear from girls out shooting. Ideally if it is a weekend party and there might be ongoing scandal discussed by girls nearby. An innocent face while listening to female sexual desires while shooting partidges in september sunshine is a great memory.......

Ha ha, good one Jinga, not had the pleasure of that right enough.....doesnt mention eavesdropping in the tech manual ha ha

Hi Guy's

Another question about ear fenders. Have they got a lot better???? I got a pair 10 years ago peltor I think cost a lot of money at the time.
My problem with them while game shooting was although I could hear a lot more I had no sense of direction to where the sound came from.:confused:

Has this got better with the later ones.????

Cheers Wayne

Wayne, the MSA Sordins have separate microphones on each ear so you can still distinguish where sounds are coming from. I use them for game bird shooting and have no probs with direction of the birds.....just problems with direction of the barrels ha ha.

Wayne, the MSA Sordins have separate microphones on each ear so you can still distinguish where sounds are coming from. I use them for game bird shooting and have no probs with direction of the birds.....just problems with direction of the barrels ha ha.

Cheers for that might give them a try.

Wayne

Spend the money, you can't cure shooting induced deafness at any price. A moderator will be cheaper but generally ideal for one rifle only.

Bob

Another vote for the MSA sordin supremem pro's. Arguable the best shooting purchase I've made.
Being able to hear beaters and birds from a long way off is abit weird at first but you soon get used to the "bionic ear" thing.
Muff's will give better sound protection than in ear type plugs, the downside is you can't wear a wide brimmed hat with them.

Back