Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Wales information needed!

South Wales information needed!

Hi guys, just wondered if there was anybody out there that could talk me through a few Deer related questions I have in regards to Stalking in the South Wales area. Thanks, Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by TGEvans View Post
    Hi guys, just wondered if there was anybody out there that could talk me through a few Deer related questions I have in regards to Stalking in the South Wales area. Thanks, Tim.
    Hi Tim,

If I can help I will. Fire away!

Regards

Mike
    (Director - Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Deer Services

Deer are vary few and far between in south wales, a herd of fallow in the forest around the golf club at monmouth, and a few groups in the wentwood area, the odd sighting of roe now and then but nowt to talk about....

tim,

i will help also if i can, if needed

cheers
    SS

Hi Tim,

What are the questions ?

R
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple

Hi guys, I have just been replying to an extremely useful email from Pneudart. Just wanted to know what here was in terms of stalking in South Wales / Borders really. I am new to Deer Stalking and just reading the other posts on this site have been very interesting and useful. I will be doing the DSC1 as soon as time permits and hope to go from there. Reading through the course details, its looks quite daunting to me..... Will have to SWOT for this one. If anybody has got anything going on locally and needs a spare pair of hands I would very greatfull if I could tag along. Thanks guys, Tim.

Has Apollo said not much around, most of the land spoken for.

Steve............

Not much deer around south wales, I have two farms around ARound the port talbot , MArgam area but do not shoot them as much as I would like too. Don't want to take to many at once but I would be happy for you to come out with me one morning. Where a bouts are you

Swisher44

Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post
    Deer are vary few and far between in south wales, a herd of fallow in the forest around the golf club at monmouth, and a few groups in the wentwood area, the odd sighting of roe now and then but nowt to talk about....
    As well as these mentioned by Apollo there are a lot of fallow right down the Wye valley between Monmouth and Chepstow, good numbers of fallow in the Tywi valley between Llandeilo and Carmarthen, reds in the Brecon Beacons National Park area and roe popping up here and there however as others have said most of it is well tied up.

Hi TG
    there is not a great deal around here and what is is already taken up same as the wye valley deer about there but same old story
    ATB Paul D