Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Syndicate Caution

Syndicate Caution

It's about that time of year when guys start to look for syndicate places.

The deer stalking community is a pretty small place at the end of the day, and it is common place for word to get around about how syndicates have fared.

Gents - Please, Please be careful, and look after your hard earned. It's best to speak to people who have been members in the past to gain an appreciation for how fairly the operation is run, and also to enquire into the cull figures

There have been some awful accounts - not only the ground in Lanarkshire, which was highlighted on this forum - where there were dozens of members unaware of each other, but also of six guys paying a grand each towards 1200a, and not getting the opportunity at deer as they could reasonably expect.

Best of luck in the coming season.

It is time and adverts will apear but i think the FC for one will start to rethink there aproach after all its public ground and paying for it once is bad enough but to pay for it twice and three times is just not on. Tread with care as DL says.

Wise words and good advice.............Once bitten twice shy as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by DL View Post
    It's about that time of year when guys start to look for syndicate places.

The deer stalking community is a pretty small place at the end of the day, and it is common place for word to get around about how syndicates have fared.

Gents - Please, Please be careful, and look after your hard earned. It's best to speak to people who have been members in the past to gain an appreciation for how fairly the operation is run, and also to enquire into the cull figures

There have been some awful accounts - not only the ground in Lanarkshire, which was highlighted on this forum - where there were dozens of members unaware of each other, but also of six guys paying a grand each towards 1200a, and not getting the opportunity at deer as they could reasonably expect.

Best of luck in the coming season.
    I'm one of the aforementioned....Four are off the forum, none of them nor l are happy whatsoever.

Complete waste of money....

Tom

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I'm one of the aforementioned....Four are off the forum, none of them nor l are happy whatsoever.

Complete waste of money....

Tom
    Its a hard pill to swallow being stuffed paying stalking fees ,most of us here have probably learned the hard way and coughed out brass for little or nowt, Personally it grieves me seeing it happen but unfortunately it does because there are loads out there waiting for the flock of sheep to graze on.

Most novices are so keen to get a patch they dont or arnt capable of assessing what deer is on the land and if its value for money.

All I will say if your not sure ask one of the more long standing members on here who have the nonse to see you dont get stuffed most of us here would be only to pleased to help and advise.
    So you havent any excuse now have you.
    Kind Regards
    Stu

Mannlicher i have a small patch i would like you to look at i have been asked four 300 Pounds and it is only 200 acre what do i look for and is it worth the money . No one will do that mate not a chance i am afraid they will just need to learn the hard way. Go on a syndicate and get stuffed up the ass on most occasions. PS anyone on forestry ground that can go from one plot to anouther check it has been allowed by the commison because if you dont your are infact trespassing with a firearm. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Mannlicher i have a small patch i would like you to look at i have been asked four 300 Pounds and it is only 200 acre what do i look for and is it worth the money . No one will do that mate not a chance i am afraid they will just need to learn the hard way. Go on a syndicate and get stuffed up the ass on most occasions. PS anyone on forestry ground that can go from one plot to anouther check it has been allowed by the commison because if you dont your are infact trespassing with a firearm. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
    David I am aware that your arse squeaks and groans like an old litchfield gate at IONA Priory and who mentioned that there was a need to take a firearm to see if there is evidence of deer on the land .
    Forestry Commision land is tax payers property with access to all and some of us are prepared to help novices from not being stuffed and know what to look for.
    Give your arse a spray David that WD40s not all that expensive

Guys,
    I would also like to add, be sensible if you are bidding for stalking as the last syndicate i was in which had some nice ground and very sensible gentlemen from north and south of the border. On renewal it went for crazy money to a south of the border syndicate. The commision always have the right to send in there guys if Deer numbers are to high and you can bet that the time taken between syndicates the Rangers were in, also the Night shooting carried out against our wishes during our last winter should have told our syndicate that we were not getting a renewal. I was a member for 5 years and we always shot our Cull plus some more.

Be careful Dalkur

As a wanabie newbie i would find out more

What i am talking abut is the adverts saying have access to 8 10 20.000 acre of FC ground if you dont do the full set of tests and risk assement on each plot you might not be legal on there.