Thread: Lapua Brass worth 2 x remington

Lapua Brass worth 2 x remington

Hi Guys

Looking for a bit of advice, 223 Lapua brass is twice the price of remington brass at the moment. Is it really worth it?

Is there any performance difference? Given the same loads etc i can't see the lapua brass lasting twice as long.

Any advice/experience would be appreciated.

D O, Can't say about remington brass. But, in the days I was very keen on the re-loading thing, I found that the weights of Lapua cases were much closer that that of my winchester ones. As the outside dimentions are all the same, it is the internal area that differs when there is a greater weight difference. This will ultimately mean greater pressure differences.
    However, whether us 'Nuts behind the Bolts' will actually see that difference, I doubt it.

Lapua can virtualy be loaded straight from the box with minimal prep work unlike remington or winchester,so the price comparison is based on how you value your time.
    Also found I get more reloads from Lapua /norma /Nosler cases than the cheaper ones,IMHO you pays your money as the old saying goes.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

I've purchased Lapua brass in .222rem in the past, it is good but I probably wouldn't pay the price that is cureently being asked. I would probably buy new Prvi Partizan cartridges and reload those cases instead.

Quote Originally Posted by pierred View Post
    Lapua can virtualy be loaded straight from the box with minimal prep work unlike remington or winchester,so the price comparison is based on how you value your time.
    Also found I get more reloads from Lapua /norma /Nosler cases than the cheaper ones,IMHO you pays your money as the old saying goes.
    +1 on that , i actually dont know how many times ive reloaded my lapua 6.5x55 brass ive lost count !

it just keeps on going and going !

hope i get the same life out of my norma 270 brass ?

cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.