Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: overweight??

overweight??

OK it has been a long winter so far with lack of activity a major problem. Christmas never comes alone. Cake Choc, overeating. It was with great surprise I found I had sky rocketed from a mear 18+ stone to Over 20 when I had the scales out on Monday. Hopefully the Christmas rush will soon be shed but realisticly I need to shed 5 stone. I doubt that I could get under 15 stone. So by 1/10/2011 my target is 15 stone 4 lbs
    Monday 10/1/2011 I weighed 20stone 4lbs
    I will keep you posted, anyone want to join me and take up the shedding challenge, It is easier when others are involved too,
    Jim

I will give it a go jim trying to get to 14 stone i am currently at 17 on the dot diet and exercise started monday.

Jim, it can be done, but it is bloody hard work.

A rugby playing / shooting friend of mine went from 18 stone to 13 stone last year. He is 37 or 38.

What it took was 20-30 minutes in a gym 5 mornings per week. A couple of evening gym sessions also. He radically improved his diet, porridge in the morning, soup and brown bread for lunch, modest dinner. He has reduced the alcohol intake by about 90%. No white bread, biscuits, cake, cheese, crisps etc.

To be fair it has taken at least 10 years off him, but he is freezing in the cold weather and generally a miserable git.....

Bloody miserable way to live...... I lost a stone before Christmas, put most of it back on again.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    I will give it a go jim trying to get to 14 stone i am currently at 17 on the dot diet and exercise started monday.

Must be all those pies you have been getting down your neck David

Your right stu need to start reducing the fat content might be the bottle of wine very night and the 10 can on a friday

I'd be happy at your pre Christmas weight Jimbo!! On the scales at 20st myself but at 6' 6'' can hide it, but determined to shed a couple of stone, have had a sh** and a shave to start it off now for the hard bit!!! All the best with your challenge, keep the faith!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    OK it has been a long winter so far with lack of activity a major problem. Christmas never comes alone. Cake Choc, overeating. It was with great surprise I found I had sky rocketed from a mear 18+ stone to Over 20 when I had the scales out on Monday. Hopefully the Christmas rush will soon be shed but realisticly I need to shed 5 stone. I doubt that I could get under 15 stone. So by 1/10/2011 my target is 15 stone 4 lbs
    Monday 10/1/2011 I weighed 20stone 4lbs
    I will keep you posted, anyone want to join me and take up the shedding challenge, It is easier when others are involved too,
    Jim
    Jim just pull the cork out your arse ,keep you hands away from you mouth sorted .

You are as bad as my wife, She says "put that computer down and get of your backside and do something." Jim

I started a similar thread on another forum I use.

it was an incentive to get on with it when you know others are in the same boat.

17st 13lbs on New Years day.

I would like to see mid 16's, with my frame I would look skinny if I went any lighter.

My lass is out at Zumba at the minute, she goes 5 or 6 times a week. Not for me!
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

As a start i normally try and cut out bread.....not only does it take out some very unwanted carbs but it does make you think about what your going to eat next as a butty is such an easy option when your grazing. Have a look at the Dr.Dukan diet book..........not something i'd keep doing for life but for a quick start its a dreamer!