Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: worse than useless

worse than useless

got my permit back today after 3 months of waiting, (which is quick in ni) only to discover that there is no mention of deer in the conditions for my rifle. I had appled for an air rifle as well as a change of condition to allow me to take deer, as i have got all the particulars needed and have finally got i piece of ground. they never contacted me, checked the ground or gave any grounds for a refusal (if i have been refused) but they have put the airrifle on my ticket. this isnt the first time my permit has been messed up.
    would drive abuddy mad

i suggest you ring them up and just tell them what has happened they should be able to sort it out, i recently applied for a .243 and i wasn,t to hopeful about getting it as i already own a 270, but much to my surprise after a 7 week wait and a short letter giving good reason for a second deer rifle i got my fac back now i thought that a very fast turnaround. perhaps try your feo first, good luck

gave my feo a ring when i got home and she hadn't been contacted either, she said to give a ring back tomorrow to sort things out. at least she is helpful any time i need somthing doing

With those shifty eyes I'm not surprised !!

Quote Originally Posted by cowcheif View Post
    got my permit back today after 3 months of waiting, (which is quick in ni) only to discover that there is no mention of deer in the conditions for my rifle. I had appled for an air rifle as well as a change of condition to allow me to take deer, as i have got all the particulars needed and have finally got i piece of ground. they never contacted me, checked the ground or gave any grounds for a refusal (if i have been refused) but they have put the airrifle on my ticket. this isnt the first time my permit has been messed up.
    would drive abuddy mad
    3 months?! Bloody hell! You must know the funny handshake. Might not be an issue. My .223 was permitted for vermin over here and Roe in Scotland but one of the conditions stated "Only to be carried in Northern Ireland while in transit to or from a port." When my RFD took the permit up to Lisnasharragh they said that the vermin conditions permitted vermin over here and that condition was only in relation to taking it to Scotland
    The labyrinthine wording of our FAC may actually be the problem, not a refusal.
    ......or possibly a numty at Lisnasharragh.

my feo rang down to belfast and the guy said that it was unclear what i was applying for
    a letter explaining that i was wanting deer control as a condition, 2 letters from farmers with permissions, dsc certificate and 3 different ways to contact me and they decided to send me back my fac without any explanation
    have been told to write another letter explaining in a clear manner what i want and send it and fac back to Lisnasharragh

Quote Originally Posted by K333ROE View Post
    With those shifty eyes I'm not surprised !!
    got if from the sky hd advert from a few years, dont know if its a wolf or huskey, but stunning creature what ever it is

Quote Originally Posted by cowcheif View Post
    got if from the sky hd advert from a few years, dont know if its a wolf or huskey, but stunning creature what ever it is
    Reminds me of one of my ex wifes

Reminds me of one of my ex wifes

You must of been an eye catching couple, with her eye's and your's

i sent my permit away for a regrant plus a variation on the 5th of this month, well much to my surprise i recieved it this morning done and dusted that has to be a record for n,ireland