Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a merger could mean for us????

What a merger could mean for us????

This is or could be a Scottish issue if our police forces are merged as proposed yesterday.

Would this mean one firearms licensing department???

At the moment i find Lothian & Borders very good and have never had a problem,but what are forces like in the other regions?????

Nell

I would be gutted if Northern was to change.

They have slowed up a bit recently but you can still wander in and get a variation done whilst you wait drinking coffee out their coffee machine.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Hi,

today a spokeperson for ACOPS said day to day running will not change.

no need to worry.

frank

Regular Poster
    Frank you cert is singed by your chief officer of police in your area, how would that effect our renewals??.

ATB Barry

hi,

each area will be assigned a deputy head and he/she will assume the responsibilities.

please dont start a making an issue of this as some with start to panic.

its not going to be a problem and you can quote me on it.

f.

Regular Poster
    Not wanting to scaremonger but it says on my cert "Signature of Chief Officer of Police". I wasnt aware that the police could change an oficial document without home office approval.

ATB Barry

Regular Poster
    Hey Dont pick on me!!

ATB Barry

Quote Originally Posted by barry thom View Post
    Hey Dont pick on me!!

ATB Barry
    Bt, as if mate. but watch this space i see probably 8 pages and for what nothing.

SD Regular
    While it is true that it says signature of COP (see what I did there?!) - you'll find the use of 'per procurationem' or pp prevalent in all forces where others are delegated the right. I can't see them changing the way licensing works any more than I think each Police Chief sits and signs all the docs, such as variations themselves - far too busy and important...!! If they were to merge I think it would be all the more likely it would get easier, not harder. I'm with centralbeltstalker on this one.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........