Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stalking withdrawl - how do you cope?

Stalking withdrawl - how do you cope?

I'm sure I can't be the only recreational stalker on here who starts to suffer from withdrawl symptoms! To put it this way, it's been 11 weeks since I last went stalking and it's another 12 weeks until my next trip, and it's starting to show!

I've been reading books about it, watching DVD's about it. I've gone target shooting, clay shooting. I've lamped foxes and sharpened my knives. Working the dogs when beating/picking up are all part of this time of year, and I have a beaters shoot coming up soon. So I have plenty going on...................but it's NOT deer stalking!!!!

I don't want to wish my life away, but roll on the next twelve weeks!!!!!!!!!

How do others cope???????????

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    I stop talking to the wife, do nothing she asks, walk around the house as though I'm kicking stones, sigh at every opportunity so she hears. Basically, I grind her down to breaking point then she says "Just go stalking if that's what you want ot do", she then feels good as she has lifted me out of depression and I get to go and play.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Badly!

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Like the 7 year itch if you scratch it often you will not suffer to badly. Take a trip out more often why wait 6 months between trips just do smaller trips more often,

....by dipping onto the SD website when I ought to be working!!

ATB,

Merlin (...another recreational stalker that can't wait for his next trip! )
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    ....by dipping onto the SD website when I ought to be working!!

ATB,

Merlin (...another recreational stalker that can't wait for his next trip! )
    +1

I think the web site is great but to me its like a sweet shop with the door closed

So what stops you going out stalking .Dead right yourself and your life style ,so easily sorted with a couple of changes .

It's just the way it is, I can't do everything and time/money are the biggest things holding me back. It would be nice to say 'sod it' ditch the lot and go stalking more often! Gotta work to fund life etc. So I do what I can, when I can.

This forum is a good way to keep in touch with stalking, when not stalking! It's good to know it's not just me, and other people get the same withdrawls!!!